• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Seems like Spillers will be a great change of pace option from Carr. And when Reid is in foul trouble, I'm sure that Carr/Spillers could fit together well enough.

Assuming Spillers is happy with somewhere in the range of 12-20 minutes per game, this is an automatic take for Wake.

great pick up...how does this affect Kyle III?

DR gonna have some dog whistles with Sp
Not really. But NIL and free transfers is widening the chasm considerably

I don’t know if that’s true, but I understand why it would feel that way.

Sallis is probably one of our highest rated recruits ever, and he’s rotting in Spokane with other 5*s without the portal.

In some ways the portal actually evens the gap more than widening it because elite programs can’t hoard talent on their bench anymore.

Thought we couldn't accept juniors? Something something credits? Or was that just hot air from Cam/Les to cope with recruiting losses? Here's Tre'Von Spillers career:

2021-22: USC Salkehatchie
2022-23: Moberly Area Community College
2023-24: Appalachian State

I’m trying not to read into this too much, but if we are being more flexible with admissions that could be a really good thing.

Spillers can play the 3 or 4 spot. If Sallis leaves I expect Cam to the 2 spot and Spiller starts at the 3. If Sallis stays he might roll to the pg with Cam at 2 and Spillers at 3

Last edited:
Great news. Let's get another big and a couple guys who can play the point.

Great pickup. His offensive rebounding rate was better than any Deac this past season.

Granted, we play different offensive systems, and that is part of the reason why - but he can rebound.

And yeah, I think we have made a change in our transfer policies.

Seems like Spillers will be a great change of pace option from Carr. And when Reid is in foul trouble, I'm sure that Carr/Spillers could fit together well enough.

Assuming Spillers is happy with somewhere in the range of 12-20 minutes per game, this is an automatic take for Wake.
Spillers was First-Team All-Sun Belt on an NIT team ranked #83 in KP. On paper, it's the best portal recruit Forbes has ever brought in, and I'd expect him to get significantly more than 12 mpg. He shot 10-33 from 3 his first year of JuCo (yes, I looked it up) before seeing a dramatic down-tick in usage the last two years. I wonder if the staff thinks he has some room to grow there. He did shoot FT's at about 70% last year, which is respectable.

Spellers can play the 3 or 4 spot. If Sallis leaves I expect Cam to the 2 spot and Spiller starts at the 3. If Sallis stays he might roll to the pg with Can at 2 and Spillers at 3
Spillers is a great pickup for Wake as a backup big man. I do not think he is a great pickup for Wake if he is the starting SF.

Spillers is a very talented player, but he's not a threat to shoot the ball at all. That's not going to work at SF in Wake's offense very well unless things will be changing dramatically next year in terms of the system.

Spillers was First-Team All-Sun Belt on an NIT team ranked #83 in KP. On paper, it's the best portal recruit Forbes has ever brought in, and I'd expect him to get significantly more than 12 mpg. He shot 10-33 from 3 his first year of JuCo (yes, I looked it up) before seeing a dramatic down-tick in usage the last two years. I wonder if the staff thinks he has some room to grow there. He did shoot FT's at about 70% last year, which is respectable.
I did not look up his juco shooting numbers, but Spillers only attempted 1 three pointer last year.

I'd just be really surprised if Spillers plays even half as many minutes at the 3 as he does at the 4.

Spillers doesn't appear to have the handles for SF (0.4/0.8 ast/to) but who knows

Yeah I was gonna say, I do not want Spillers playing 1 minute at the 3 unless absolutely necessary.

@EssexThayer - Please explain to me how he's a rising senior with 2 years left.

That's huge, if true. Because he'll probably play a lot of minutes in '25-'26.

Back