• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

let me tell you a little something about iowa

it sucks
Really good winter birding in the council bluffs area on the west side of the state. The Missouri River valley gets massive amounts of water fowl, like Sown Geese, Ross’s geese, trumpeter seams, Sandhill cranes. Plus some trundra songbirds like to hang out in the grassland remnants in the area.

Otherwise you’re right. wtf is a caucus anyway?

I don’t think I wanna live in a place where animals with the word “tundra” in their name spend time
Oh no, I definitely don’t want to live in Iowa. But if you’re forced to go to Omaha in February for some kinda work meeting bring your parka and binoculars.

Probably more from overseas than portal. As far as college coaches are concerned, he quit on his team. Unfortunately, his immaturity has limited remaining options.
Do you know this for a fact or is it an inference you're making?

I actually lived in Iowa City for about 9 months doing some work at the University of Iowa. I will never set foot in that state again. Not only does the place just suck, but everyone is mean. I’ve actually had conversations with others who have spent some time there and they all had the same opinion. It’s like everyone is just pissed that they are stuck there.

A friend of mine got her PhD at University of Iowa. I always thought she was way too hot and fun to spend that much time in Iowa.

Midwestern nice and Southern Nice aren't the same thing and yall are really struggling with it

People in Kansas are midwestern nice. People in Iowa are no kind of nice whatsoever.
I've spent a decent amount of time in Iowa at this point and I'm pretty convinced that culturally there's a bluntness they picked up from all of the Scandinavians who settled there, at least in northern Iowa. There's a measured, curt turn-based conversation style and they're ok with long silences which can be strange.

Dell'Orso was ROY in the Big South his Frosh season. Campbell moved to the CAA this year and he was 2nd team All-CAA.

Really good winter birding in the council bluffs area on the west side of the state. The Missouri River valley gets massive amounts of water fowl, like Sown Geese, Ross’s geese, trumpeter seams, Sandhill cranes. Plus some trundra songbirds like to hang out in the grassland remnants in the area.

Otherwise you’re right. wtf is a caucus anyway?
@birdman ...this begs the question...which Big Ten schools have the best birding nearby?

Back