• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Well then we're screwed.

I just don't know what Sallis has to gain from coming back another year beyond the NIL money. Putting up similar numbers for a second year isn't going to significantly boost his draft stock, and it'd be really hard to significantly improve upon his numbers from this year. Assuming that his ultimate goal is to be a professional basketball player at the highest level possible, he's going to leave.
Agree. Also, this draft is perceived as weak; so, it may be hard to players to improve their draft stock by waiting a year.

I think Sallis would have to come back and start at PG and put up strong numbers (18/5/5 or so) to improve his draft stock.

I think Sallis would have to come back and start at PG and put up strong numbers (18/5/5 or so) to improve his draft stock.

this is what i have been thinking...are we going with Cam and Sallis at PG, for good and bad?

Sallis could improve his draft stock in a lot of ways by coming back. He could play the 1 and succeed but that seems somewhat unlikely as he doesn't seem to be a natural distributor. He could play the 2 and consistently put up big numbers, which seems more likely. He's 6'5. It's not bad size for an NBA SG.

Or he could just go pro based on early evaluations and then play in the GLeague or whatever to work his way up. But I don't think NBA execs are going to look at games down the stretch where he was pretty quiet and say, "Now here's a surefire NBA 2-Guard."

Sallis could improve his draft stock in a lot of ways by coming back. He could play the 1 and succeed but that seems somewhat unlikely as he doesn't seem to be a natural distributor. He could play the 2 and consistently put up big numbers, which seems more likely. He's 6'5. It's not bad size for an NBA SG.

Or he could just go pro based on early evaluations and then play in the GLeague or whatever to work his way up.

It wouldn't hurt if he improved on defense.

maybe kyle william is not on board because he'd be duplicative to biliew

If Sallis pulls his name from the draft, are we prepared to make him a serious offer compared to Miami or Louisville or other likely suitors?

Sallis is not in the portal. Deadline to enter is May 1. Deadline to withdraw from the draft is like mid-June.

So seems an unlikely scenario at this point.

Still, by all means donate if "we" includes you.

Unless Sallis graduates in May (college grads can enter the portal at anytime after graduating), he can't enter the portal if he has not entered his name by May 1. So far, Sallis has not entered the portal.

It appears that Sallis has decided he has two options: NBA or WF (in that order of likelihood).

Would that mean Sallis has a promised number if he comes back? Otherwise he gets a bad projection, comes back to Wake, and Wake is like here are some Krispy Kreme coupons. Great to have you back!

Would that mean Sallis has a promised number if he comes back? Otherwise he gets a bad projection, comes back to Wake, and Wake is like here are some Krispy Kreme coupons. Great to have you back!
Would assume so. RTQ can confirm. Would guess that the number can only go up, if Sallis seriously entertains returning as the NBA draft deadline nears.

Seems pretty obvious that Sallis would have done the exact same thing as Carr (enter draft process and portal) if he was looking to leave Wake in search of the biggest NIL bag possible. I guess that's not obvious to dipshit trolls like DR, but should be to everyone else.

There's still time for Sallis to go that route I suppose, but given current information he is clearly choosing between Wake and the draft.

I see basically no reason for a HS recruit to commit to a school before now during their senior year anymore. See what kind of roster is actually shaping up and get as much money as possible.

I see basically no reason for a HS recruit to commit to a school before now during their senior year anymore. See what kind of roster is actually shaping up and get as much money as possible.
NIL collectives are shelling out for transfer players who have proven they can play at the college level much moreso than they are high school players

Seems pretty obvious that Sallis would have done the exact same thing as Carr (enter draft process and portal) if he was looking to leave Wake in search of the biggest NIL bag possible. I guess that's not obvious to dipshit trolls like DR, but should be to everyone else.

There's still time for Sallis to go that route I suppose, but given current information he is clearly choosing between Wake and the draft.
Would only add that unlike Sallis (who has been at WF for only one year), Carr is graduating next month. So, he didn't have to enter the portal when he did, but Carr clearly did so to up the leverage among the schools courting him as there would not be as many open roster spots if Carr waited until late May to enter the portal.

NIL collectives are shelling out for transfer players who have proven they can play at the college level much moreso than they are high school players
Agreed, but if there was a top 10 HS player available right now, he would get a ton. This was covered here previously, but imagine the bidding war between Kentucky, Arkansas and Kansas, among others if Cooper Flagg made himself available to the highest bidder right now. Wouldn't be shocked if Flagg got $10 million+ for one season.

Yeah but if you're a top 20-30 recruit and you are available right now, you're going to get paid and have tons of suitors. Maybe same as before, but you'll be able to actually see where playing time is etc.

Back