• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

Every single player that has entered the portal and likes money?
sure but i just googled top remaining transfer guys and it has woogla poplar as #5 and he's a nice player, but not The Guy type as I remember his game -- the #15 guy on the list was originally the #75 guys on the list

not really sure where the condescension is coming from when it's an absolute fact that there are a lot fewer guys out there now than before

Committing out of the transfer portal is not like signing a letter of intent. Players that are already committed to another school may decide to jump back in the portal if situations change.

2 million, good grief! That is just from the team and not outside sources?

sure but i just googled top remaining transfer guys and it has woogla poplar as #5 and he's a nice player, but not The Guy type as I remember his game -- the #15 guy on the list was originally the #75 guys on the list

not really sure where the condescension is coming from when it's an absolute fact that there are a lot fewer guys out there now than before

Sorry that conveyed condescension. Just saying that every player that entered the portal is still technically available.

Didn’t Osobor follow his former coach there? Have seen a couple sources say the $2M figure is way overblown.

The Ringer has Sallis at #42 but compare him to Mitch Richmond and Jalen Williams.

I think this is misrepresenting the fact that none of Williams, Appleby, or Sallis were "The Guy" types before they got here, and pretty sure you would have had to scroll rather far down any of their respective transfer classes' top player lists to find them.

it's an absolute fact that there are a lot fewer guys out there now than before
That fact is absolutely disputed. And this year feels like a first in that regard.

We'll see how many switches occur as draft decisions become final.

Another open roster spot ...

593c53d2807e5859d94e6f4d32760754.jpg

That fact is absolutely disputed. And this year feels like a first in that regard.

We'll see how many switches occur as draft decisions become final.
I too expect to see some movement of players as some of the top portal guys pull out of the NBA draft and choose colleges. Arrival of an "almost NBA" player may cause another player who had verbally committed to reopen his recruitment as he sees likely playing time drop from an expected 30 minutes per game to below 10 minutes per game.

need OGB or ATS to tell me when in the transfer portal we landed Alondes, Tyree, and Sallis

feels like they weren't post-draft deadline adds
Friendly reminder that I try to keep all of this stuff on page 1.

Canka has been gone since April 26th. Not new. We have two scholarships left... 3 if you count Sallis ultimately not returning.

Alondes - 5/21/21
Tyree - 5/4/22
Sallis - 4/26/23

It is now May 14th. The only players we have signed later than May 14th are:
2021 - Alondes (5/21), Khadim Sy (6/7)
2022 - None
2023 - Canka (5/18)

I think only Canka was impacted by the NBA (in that Bobi decided he wasn't coming back on 5/15). The year before, Jake LaRavia didn't make his final decision until May 31st... I don't remember what we did with his scholarship (was it already earmarked for someone else?).

Last edited:
There is not really any reason to take a player, freshman or fifth year and all in between where there are not minutes for them available. They will not be here next year if they don't play this year. They can obv play their way out of the rotation, but bringing someone in who you don't plan to play this coming year is just a waste of time, money, and resources this day and age.

do you see any minutes for Juke this year? I know he's a frosh, but genuinely asking your take?
I'm always hesitant to put freshmen in my officially unofficial minutes projections. That said, all I've heard from everyone for a year now is that he will play a role early. He's known to be a hell of a defender, which is assume will get him on the court. His length will be an asset against bigger guards. I'm going to go out on a limb that he plays in 80%+ of our games this season and averages 5-8 mpg. Just not sure how it's going to happen and who he will take minutes from.

Back