• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Xavier Pinson transferring from Missouri. Above average stats, but don't think we need another 6'2 170 lb PG

Saw that Walker Kessler is in portal from UNC, 6’11” with good skills just needs to bulk up some and would start as a freshman again. Wonder if we look?

Johnson was ass bruh. Forbes had to scramble last off season to put a roster together and he succeeded given the circumstances.

Now he has kept all of the pieces who can actually play in this league and has 5 scholarships to fill with over 700 transfers out there and counting.

Depending on who we get in the market, I think we will be better a lot sooner than some of you think. This is working out perfectly for Wake.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

What about this guy?

Braelen Bridges
Position: Forward
6-10, 235lb (208cm, 106kg)
Hometown: McDonough, GA
High School: Union Grove (GA)
School: UIC

9.9 ppg 4.8rpg average 18mpg.

My sauces say Dubose is gone.

Wanted 30 days to decide and Forbes told him he had the weekend....

Its not like Forbes wanted Dubose gone but he also wouldn't be held hostage by a guy with average skills. Wake would likely be better with Dubose next year but your not using leverage on a no bs coach without the game to back it up. Next years team will be interesting. Go get some 1 and 2 year guys in the portal and reshape this turd of a program...

Its not like Forbes wanted Dubose gone but he also wouldn't be held hostage by a guy with average skills. Wake would likely be better with Dubose next year but your not using leverage on a no bs coach without the game to back it up. Next years team will be interesting. Go get some 1 and 2 year guys in the portal and reshape this turd of a program...

Dubose didn't need leverage. He had a spot that was his and separate from the 13 scholarships NCAA limit. The only issue would be playing time.

Dubose wanted more time to commit to his return. He thought he had that leverage. Forbes is trying to build out his roster today. Not so hard to understand.

Dubose came back from COVID to score double digits in 4 consecutive ACC games before the wheels fell off across the board. Guys like that don't typically grow on trees, but this is an exceptional year for the transfer portal so maybe they kinda do. The only disaster here was DuBose taking a long time to decide and then leaving. He's a dramatically more valuable piece than any of the previous exits - Neath/Massoud/Antonio/Johnson/Okpomo/Adams - but he needed to leave now or stay now so Forbes can get to work. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Forbes told DuBose he'd love for him to stay but he's gotta be all in and decide asap or they're moving on. We're posting dozens and dozens of tweets about prospects hearing from Wake, dozens more don't get reported. It's a monumental task that absolutely centers around available minutes, every day delayed is harmful. I would have liked to see DuBose healthy and in a Wake uniform as an elder leader for a full year, but I'm mostly just glad it's resolved.

Dubose came back from COVID to score double digits in 4 consecutive ACC games before the wheels fell off across the board. Guys like that don't typically grow on trees, but this is an exceptional year for the transfer portal so maybe they kinda do. The only disaster here was DuBose taking a long time to decide and then leaving. He's a dramatically more valuable piece than any of the previous exits - Neath/Massoud/Antonio/Johnson/Okpomo/Adams - but he needed to leave now or stay now so Forbes can get to work. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Forbes told DuBose he'd love for him to stay but he's gotta be all in and decide asap or they're moving on. We're posting dozens and dozens of tweets about prospects hearing from Wake, dozens more don't get reported. It's a monumental task that absolutely centers around available minutes, every day delayed is harmful. I would have liked to see DuBose healthy and in a Wake uniform as an elder leader for a full year, but I'm mostly just glad it's resolved.

Think that’s exactly what happened.

The guys that we need to get aren't basing any part of their decision on a transfer from Houston f'ing Baptist.

This latest round of departures wipes out any extra depth and experience Wake might have had from the Covid season rules. That is unfortunate. Experienced players are valuable come tournament time.

This latest round of departures wipes out any extra depth and experience Wake might have had from the Covid season rules. That is unfortunate. Experienced players are valuable come tournament time.

I think it’s more likely now that we’ll get transfers and grad transfers with any tournament experience.

FWIW, on this year's roster, both Isaiah Wilkins and Jalen Johnson had NCAA Tourney experience. Forbes played those two a total of 6 minutes without scoring a point in WF's one March Tourney game. That said, I agree that crappy teams generally have lots of roster turnover and good teams retain and develop players. Hope the massive change in personnel is a more of one time thing as the result of extra year of eligibility due to COVID and Forbes trying to build a roster consistent with his vision.

All 5 we get cannot be studs so just 2 or 3 serviceable players out of the portal would make people feel a lot better

Back