• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Sure, but those things are not (necessarily) mutually exclusive.

I wasn’t implying i don’t want Dubose back, i was just stating that our main priority should be getting a few solid transfers from the portal and if that happens then losing Dubose wont be as bad.

I don’t think it’s crazy in this day and age to think that a transfer might look at the available playing time at Wake vs _____, and have that be one of the factors in his mind that’s a strike against us. Hopefully we get players who see the big picture and know that they will play every minute they earn in practice, but again I don’t think it’s crazy that some could have that mentality. It’s just the nature of the beast.

In the end I hope he stays and we still land awesome players who know they’ll find their proper place on the team and in Forbes’ long range vision.

If all you want are names, then how about:

Wake Phlorest
Wake Ferrost
Wake Flarest

(Yeah, yeah, State fans, we know... Weak Florist)

Ding ding ding.

Current grad transfers aren't keeping scholarships from incoming transfers and recruits. We need the "why not both" gif for this thread.

I get what you are saying, but while there are 13-15 scholarships, there is only one ball

I would think that there is at least a possibility that a potential upgrade from DuBose would be dissuaded from coming to WF if DuBose is on the roster; thus the apparent deadline from Forbes

for the record, I think Covid robbed DuBose of some stamina and took away his legs some this past year - I'd like to see him return and play at 100%

next man up/in:

from ATS's first post: is Johnson officially gone?

That is the word.

WF will return 4 players that played after November 2020:

Mucius
Ody
Williamson
Whitt

BTW, Forbes did want Ian to return. Sounds like it was a tough call, but 4 years of college at two school would be enough for a lot of people, particularly if it appears that you have options to get paid.

That is the word.

WF will return 4 players that played after November 2020:

Mucius
Ody
Williamson
Whitt

Good. The only dudes that I thought could play in the ACC outside of DuBose. Forbes knows what he is doing.

3 guards: Whitt, Williamson, McCray
3 wings: Mucius, LaRavia, Hildreth
2 bigs: Tariq, Ody

We got alottta minutes to offer.

I like Ian's game and he seems like a good dude. But when you're as awful as we are, there's very little risk in choosing what's behind the (transfer) curtain over what's on the table.

I also like the fact that Forbes seems to be running this deal with the end in mind. We need to get better. Is it more logical to assume these same guys will somehow get better, or to go out and take your chances....

I don't know that WFU basketball will ever matter again. But it might. And that's a start.

BTW, will be curious to see where Massoud, Neath, Okpomo, Adams and Wilkins land and how they do next year and thereafter.

Back