• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Is Not Planning on Postponing the FSU Game

Hopefully the people in charge don't get hysterical about a tropical storm predicted to drop an inch of rain and postpone or cancel.

Didn't a lot of games get postponed the week of 9/11? I think we postponed the NIU game that week, then proceeded to get our asses kicked when it was played in late November. Or did I make that up?

We won that game, but it was a close game. I think most of that was more out of respect for the moment than fear of anything bad happening at the games.

I think was actually the first time I'd really even been aware of NIU's football program. One of the most solid non-BCS programs around for a good while now.

Last edited:
They didn't postpone the Navy game in Annapolis about 6 years ago so I'm going to say no. You could hardly see 10 ft in front of you for that one.

The only way I could tell what was happening was by listening for "Anchors Away"

We won that game, but it was a close game. I think most of that was more out of respect for the moment than fear of anything bad happening at the games.

I think was actually the first time I'd really even been aware of NIU's football program. One of the most solid non-BCS programs around for a good while now.

They were FCS the 1st time we played them under Grobe and possibly after 9/11, but they've been BCS for a while now.

They were FCS the 1st time we played them under Grobe and possibly after 9/11, but they've been BCS for a while now.

No, they weren't FCS, they were in the MAC. They are FBS, not a BCS conference school, a mid-major as commonly referred to.

Last edited:
The real question is: Will you be there if the game is played?

I'll be there unless it's raining constant buckets. Last weekend was no problem, even if it's raining harder than last weekend, but if it's a really hard, driving rain I might have to sit it out.

I'll be there no matter what (1 because I'm in the tower 2 because my dad is a FSU grad so we only get to see them in person when they come to town and I have an allegiance to them unless they play Wake).

Just received confirmation that they are planning on proceeding as scheduled, no plans to postpone or cancel.

Just received confirmation that they are planning on proceeding as scheduled, no plans to postpone or cancel.

Well I would hope that would be the official word at this point considering the rain hasn't even got here yet. I would suppose it will go on as scheduled unless, there is substantial flooding effecting the Winston-Salem area or power outages. Of course those things won't be known until late Friday or Saturday.

We obviously don't have a good shoe for our turf when wet.....multiple slips and fall downs last week.....shouldn't have happened

We obviously don't have a good shoe for our turf when wet.....multiple slips and fall downs last week.....shouldn't have happened

That happens even when dry on that field turf.

They probably wanted to get the word out ASAP with it being Parents' Weekend.

They didn't postpone the Navy game in Annapolis about 6 years ago so I'm going to say no. You could hardly see 10 ft in front of you for that one.

Ah yes, the game where I was ordering a hot dog at half time and saw OBVIOUS lightning strike about a mile or two from the stadium. The game carries on and Navy marches right down to score on the first drive of 3rd quarter, in the pouring rain. When the rain finally stopped, we could start passing the ball again and we dominated the 4th quarter. A lightning delay may have made the difference that night - but who cares - that was back when we struggled with teams like Navy and didn't need a win to make a bowl game or anything!

Ah yes, the game where I was ordering a hot dog at half time and saw OBVIOUS lightning strike about a mile or two from the stadium. The game carries on and Navy marches right down to score on the first drive of 3rd quarter, in the pouring rain. When the rain finally stopped, we could start passing the ball again and we dominated the 4th quarter. A lightning delay may have made the difference that night - but who cares - that was back when we struggled with teams like Navy and didn't need a win to make a bowl game or anything!

We would still struggle with Navy, we struggled with Army for goodness sake.

Michigan-Maryland is being moved up from 8 pm to noon due to Joaquin.

That game was in Riley Skinner's senior season, and we lost it and didn't make a bowl that year. Grobe was scared to death to let his players try to make any plays that day.

Back