• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Is Not Planning on Postponing the FSU Game

Hopefully the people in charge don't get hysterical about a tropical storm predicted to drop an inch of rain and postpone or cancel.

Didn't a lot of games get postponed the week of 9/11? I think we postponed the NIU game that week, then proceeded to get our asses kicked when it was played in late November. Or did I make that up?

We won 38-35 I believe. But it probably hurt our chances of getting to a bowl since we weren't bowl eligible until really late in the season.

You are probably confusing that with that late season UConn disaster game.

We won 38-35 I believe. But it probably hurt our chances of getting to a bowl since we weren't bowl eligible until really late in the season.

Yeah, the UConn game was a disaster but we got them back twice over in 2006 and the Car Care Bowl in 2007.

That game was in Riley Skinner's senior season, and we lost it and didn't make a bowl that year. Grobe was scared to death to let his players try to make any plays that day.

We had a 5 game losing streak that season and lost the middle 3 of that streak by a combined 7 points.

We had a 5 game losing streak that season and lost the middle 3 of that streak by a combined 7 points.

If we could have snuck out one more win, we would have played USC (Southern Cal) in San Francisco that year too.

My buddy swears he was the only one left in the student section at the end of that game, meaning all the players looked at him as the alma mater played (feel free to disprove that, anyone out there). I know I was long gone

My buddy swears he was the only one left in the student section at the end of that game, meaning all the players looked at him as the alma mater played (feel free to disprove that, anyone out there). I know I was long gone

Yeah, I don't leave many games early, but I do remember leaving that one early.

Hopefully the people in charge don't get hysterical about a tropical storm predicted to drop an inch of rain and postpone or cancel.

Didn't a lot of games get postponed the week of 9/11? I think we postponed the NIU game that week, then proceeded to get our asses kicked when it was played in late November. Or did I make that up?

You mean a cat 4 hurricane expected drop 5-8 inches

Back