• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU NFL Free Agent News

Yep. The FA deal news would be in an article in the Dallas Star or the Cowboys website. Dan Collins or the Duncanville, TX paper would publish the article about a mini camp tryout.

Undrafted FAs are mostly expected to make it to the preseason. I think the mini camp tryout is just for mini camp and maybe OTAs?

Its usually a tryout. 3 day contract. There is usually a couple other players in the same boat, and the team will have 1 roster spot open.

Pay, in 2006, was 800$ per week for mini camps, 400$ per week for off season workouts. New CBA and 8 years later, I'm sure that's increased. but likely not more than $1,500 a week for mini camps and $700 for off season workouts.

And that's why we also make a point of tracking these UDFA signings. Full disclaimer here before you go any further, tracking and confirming actual signings of undrafted free agents can be tricky. The sources of these transactions come from all over, Twitter included, and sometimes they are not 100% reliable. So, with that in mind, below is a list of players who have been reported to have signed with your Dallas Cowboys. [Update: All 24 names on this list have since been confirmed]

I don't know what they mean by "confirmed" and they list twitter as a source, but they have Harris on the mini-camp list. First place I've seen anything "confirmed."

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/5/10/5704616/2014-nfl-draft-dallas-cowboys-udfa-tracker

ETA: Well, nm. I just counted up and the 24 "confirmed" must refer to the UFA list at the top, and not the mini-camp invites at the bottom. Oh well, no new info after all.

Last edited:
I don't know what they mean by "confirmed" and they list twitter as a source, but they have Harris on the mini-camp list. First place I've seen anything "confirmed."

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/5/10/5704616/2014-nfl-draft-dallas-cowboys-udfa-tracker

ETA: Well, nm. I just counted up and the 24 "confirmed" must refer to the UFA list at the top, and not the mini-camp invites at the bottom. Oh well, no new info after all.

Interesting find. It looked like all of the others just confirmed on Twitter were at least a coach tweeting about it. J-Roc's was just of a helmet, but perhaps that me just being overly skeptical.

"considered a fringe third-day draft prospect by most analysts,"

That's code for unlikely to be drafted.

Think about it for a second:

- he has been telling anyone who will listen that he is going to be drafted and play in the NFL
- when he didn't get drafted, he had to blame someone else (i.e. prior coaches)

The real question is whether Josh believes the BS he tweets or he just cares too much about what other people think of him.

Hope this article doesn't fuck up recruiting even though it's a different staff. Josh just needs to go away. Can't believe an NFL writer printed this shit.

I'm going to give Josh and ever-so-slight break on this: Lobo's response sure seems to leave open the possibility that someone(s) on the staff may have trashed him, and to my knowledge Josh has not said anything negative about his O-line (though plenty of the rest of us have), nor has he bagged on the University as a whole (again, to my knowledge. I don't follow this stuff closely so if he has trashed his teammates and/or WFU in general then I take it all back).

I'm going to give Josh and ever-so-slight break on this: Lobo's response sure seems to leave open the possibility that someone(s) on the staff may have trashed him, and to my knowledge Josh has not said anything negative about his O-line (though plenty of the rest of us have), nor has he bagged on the University as a whole (again, to my knowledge. I don't follow this stuff closely so if he has trashed his teammates and/or WFU in general then I take it all back).

I just recalled seeing this last month...seems like the above post about having to blame someone hit the nail on the head. Shit no one signed me, guess I should blame the weight lifting coach.

Joshua Harris‏@JoshHarris25·Apr 30
Look at me/my tweets/the pictures I post. Do I look like I have "questionable work habits" lol. Ethan Reeves has to stop these rumors.

I do think he slighted the O Line some time ago, though hard to argue the point.

Josh Harris is nothing but an egotistical a-hole that deserves not getting a shot in the NFL. I would never wish ill against any Wake alumni but he has been such a problem at this school. The athletic department is genuinely glad that he and his family are no longer causing them regular headaches, and he was beyond rude to media at his pro day. Ignored media requests, went inside the locker room instead of waiting to talk with reporters, and then blasted Wake for not getting him any interviews. Sorry Josh, but you brought this on yourself.

I could be wrong, but it appears to me that Josh is 1 of 3 running-backs that will participate in the rookie mini-camp this weekend for Dallas. Go get'em Josh! How bout them Cowboys!

Last edited:
Back