• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU players & injury statuses under Grobe

Reaction score
---
The plan is for Pendergrass, who had 43 yards and a touchdown at Duke, to start against the Tar Heels.

"Well Brandon's still our guy," Grobe said. "But I would say we'll probably play two running backs Saturday.
---

That's ridiculous.

Last edited:
It's ridiculous if Josh is healthy and Grobe doesn't use him. If it's smoke so UNC doesn't see the Harris train coming, it's fine by me.

If we keep a healthy Josh Harris off the field, Grobe is not the coach we think he is. With that said i think Harris gets the majority of the snaps. We can't beat UNC relying on BP as the featured back. Harris was cleared for Duke by JG's own admission. He has served his time in recovery purgatory/ doghouse for getting hurt. Get him on the field as the prime back.

It's him sending a message to Josh. Need to stay healthy. He start camp and have Harris pissed off by the time he enters the game

---
The plan is for Pendergrass, who had 43 yards and a touchdown at Duke, to start against the Tar Heels.

"Well Brandon's still our guy," Grobe said. "But I would say we'll probably play two running backs Saturday.
---

That's ridiculous.

When was he EVER our guy? When our real guy was hurt? The second string guy is only the guy when the first string guy is hurt. No offense to BP, but he has really never done anything this year or previous years to be deemed worthy of starting on a consistent basis. If Josh is practicing this week and healthy, he should start.

After the game Josh had against FSU, to not give him his starting spot back if he's all healed now, I just don't understand. I love Grobe, but sometimes I have a hard time understanding his rotations and getting players back on the field, etc.???

It's him sending a message to Josh. Need to stay healthy. He start camp and have Harris pissed off by the time he enters the game

That's dumb if true (although I don't think it is). It sends him the message that he's not "our guy" if anything -- quite plainly.

I seriously doubt that Grobe is "punishing" his best back for getting hurt. If Josh has been practicing during the week, he will play on Saturday. There may be examples otherwise, but players who don't/can't practice don't get to play.

People ask if its smoke every week. Grobe doesn't do smoke.

Sometimes, Coach is a little too honest for his own good. I love BP, but we need the speed Harris can bring against the Heels to have a chance. We HAVE to be able to run the ball and have sustained drives to rest our Defense.

That's dumb if true (although I don't think it is). It sends him the message that he's not "our guy" if anything -- quite plainly.

Great coaches find ways to motivate players as individuals. Some players need a lot of coachlove and some players respond better to having to prove to themselve's that they are the coach's guy. I think Grobe knows exactly what he is doing with Harris in keeping him hungry.

This is how u motivate some guys. Josh has been ringed before and has a rep for being quasi soft. Also every player is different and grobe may have felt he needs some motivation for back half of the schedule

Some of you guys are ridiculous. Just because BP is the starter or "our guy" does not mean that he will get all or most of the snaps. And how is it a bad thing to have BP try to wear down/get the defenders used to one style of running and then put in Harris for a game changer? BP is the better pounder of the two so have him start out and then let J-Roc use his speed to take it to the house.

UNC's run defense is very stout (minus GT game). UNC's pass defense is ridiculously bad. I don't think it really matters who you play at RB, because I believe Wake will win or lose based on Tanner Price.

UNC's run defense is very stout (minus GT game). UNC's pass defense is ridiculously bad. I don't think it really matters who you play at RB, because I believe Wake will win or lose based on Tanner Price.

God I love the term "stout". Great old football word. I hope that our offense is quicksilver and that Tanner Price skedaddles.

Grobe knows what he's doing. I thought most of you would have figured this out by now.

I fucking hate when coaches talk about player's softness and them needing to be on the field. You dont think Josh want to be on the field, coach? Maybe its just because I'm like a creaky old man and I'm only in my twenties but none of my coaches from high school give two shits now what my physical situation is. I know several former college football players who have no future in pro football, are appreciative for having received a scholarship, but will live for the rest of their lives with the aches and pains from injuries they pushed through to get back on the field. Some old farts might like to be "old school" but we call this stupidity in the era of modern medicine. He pulled his hamstring. He rehabbed it and is better now. How was him getting injured his fault or a result of his softness?

Back