• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU players & injury statuses under Grobe

I think it's funny that a lot of people are jumping all over Coach Grobe when they have no inside knowledge of the situation at hand. I am not insinuating anything at all about the situation, and I want to see Harris as much as anybody, but I am sure he has this handled.

I think it's funny that a lot of people are jumping all over Coach Grobe when they have no inside knowledge of the situation at hand. I am not insinuating anything at all about the situation, and I want to see Harris as much as anybody, but I am sure he has this handled.

True, but there have been a few other depth chart decisions I've thought were questionable over the years. For example, neither Josh Adams nor Brandon Ghee started (they barely played) in the opener against BC in 2007 with what I thought was our best team. That's the one that kills me the most.

True, but there have been a few other depth chart decisions I've thought were questionable over the years. For example, neither Josh Adams nor Brandon Ghee started (they barely played) in the opener against BC in 2007 with what I thought was our best team. That's the one that kills me the most.

I agree that he has made a few questionable decisions, but no coach is going to get it right all the time. It's easy to look back on it in retrospect and say "yeah he should have started those guys." For all we know, it could have been an inner team discipline thing. Also, if it was the first game of the year, they may have just been out performed in practice leading up to that game. I don't think that's unreasonable to base a starting job off of.

I hope neither Josh nor Brandon are reading this stupid, stupid thread.

Has anyone here seen what's gone on at practice this week, in terms of production? Just curious.

Today:

JoshHarris25 Joshua Harris
Another great practice in the books..

Yesterday:

JoshHarris25 Joshua Harris
Great practice.. We got better today!!

From what I remember, they started Kerry Major instead of Ghee to send Ghee a message to bring it more. Major got toasted in that game and against Nebraska, then Ghee started the rest of the season. I remember being frustrated with Adams not getting any time that game too, as it was clear that we needed a back with break away speed. I just remember that we had to throw the ball since we couldnt' get any push at all up front. However, that was Adams' first career game and Micah was a RS-SR and had rehabed from tearing the ACL the year before, so I can understand why we would want to give Micah the majority of the snaps. I think it's a moot point though, that BC team was really good and I think we would have lost that game no matter who started. Matt Ryan is an-All Pro QB and that defense was loaded.

From what I remember, they started Kerry Major instead of Ghee to send Ghee a message to bring it more. Major got toasted in that game and against Nebraska, then Ghee started the rest of the season. I remember being frustrated with Adams not getting any time that game too, as it was clear that we needed a back with break away speed. I just remember that we had to throw the ball since we couldnt' get any push at all up front. However, that was Adams' first career game and Micah was a RS-SR and had rehabed from tearing the ACL the year before, so I can understand why we would want to give Micah the majority of the snaps. I think it's a moot point though, that BC team was really good and I think we would have lost that game no matter who started. Matt Ryan is an-All Pro QB and that defense was loaded.

Don't forget that Riley got hurt in the second half of that game and had to come out. We had some chances in the 4th quarter that we didn't convert that might have been a little different if Riley had been in there.

There is no doubt in my mind that if Riley had been healthy the next week we would have beaten Nebraska.

I dont know that game was pretty close. I think thru much of the grobe era its taken him way too long to find out who the best players are. Riley Skinner was 3rd on the depth chart behind Mauk and Hodges going into 06

I hope neither Josh nor Brandon are reading this stupid, stupid thread.

+1

BULLETIN: We only have 2 RB's now AND Grobe has obviously suspected that would be the case for a couple weeks. We're in deep trouble if EITHER one gets dinged and out for ANY period of time. Harris has troublesome hams....gotta be 110% certain that thing is sound enough to play.

Otherwise, it's likely Camp moves to RB before Grobe burns the shirt of tiny Reynolds in week 7.

carry on....

I dont know that game was pretty close. I think thru much of the grobe era its taken him way too long to find out who the best players are. Riley Skinner was 3rd on the depth chart behind Mauk and Hodges going into 06

Mauk was the better QB (over Riley) and Hodges-Skinner were neck and neck.

Any real examples?

+1

BULLETIN: We only have 2 RB's now AND Grobe has obviously suspected that would be the case for a couple weeks. We're in deep trouble if EITHER one gets dinged and out for ANY period of time. Harris has troublesome hams....gotta be 110% certain that thing is sound enough to play.

Otherwise, it's likely Camp moves to RB before Grobe burns the shirt of tiny Reynolds in week 7.

carry on....

Lovell is another option.

This is true, but in all fairness to Riley, why would he have been higher than 3rd on the depth chart at that point? Mauk was a RS JR and had started off and on the previous 2 seasons and Hodges was the more highly touted RS FR. Hodges had a minor injury in the Syracuse game, so Riley was forced into action when Mauk went down. If Bryant doesn't fumble that ball or Hodges wasn't hurt, there is a strong chance Riley never sees the field. I love Riley and what he did for the program, but we can't forget the incredibly fortitious circumstances that allowed him to be the starting QB in 2006.

This is true, but in all fairness to Riley, why would he have been higher than 3rd on the depth chart at that point? Mauk was a RS JR and had started off and on the previous 2 seasons and Hodges was the more highly touted RS FR. Hodges had a minor injury in the Syracuse game, so Riley was forced into action when Mauk went down. If Bryant doesn't fumble that ball or Hodges wasn't hurt, there is a strong chance Riley never sees the field. I love Riley and what he did for the program, but we can't forget the incredibly fortitious circumstances that allowed him to be the starting QB in 2006.

My senior year was 2005/06 and I was friends with some O-Lineman and they all said the best QB on the team was the freshman kid Skinner who was running the scout team.

bp will play 2 series. Josh will play 2 series. Whoever plays the best, will get the most snaps for the rest of the game.

Back