• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

We looked so confident and composed after the first goal. Great win today. Proud of the boys.

VTech's press really slowed us down, but we were patient and kept playing our game.

gsterp, what's the scout on Denver?

God I'm so pissed I can't swing this. It's in the middle of exams. If I was a 3L I would have done it

Good win! Great to have a team gain national recognition then prove it on the field. Finish it off Deacs.

wake is highest seeded team. we got this

Denver, at least on paper, is impressive. No losses all season. Tied with Wake for lowest goals against average in the nation. Sounds like a tough test. Not sure about their strength of schedule.

Watched quite a bit of the game. VT was over matched for sure. Physical game that could not match up technically with Wake at all.

VTech's press really slowed us down, but we were patient and kept playing our game.

gsterp, what's the scout on Denver?

Not going to pretend like I know a ton about them, but they are stout defensively. Supposedly their right back (maybe, might be a center back) is a top defensive prospect for MLS this year. They play in a shit league, but they've also only lost once in two years, which is impressive especially in a sport like soccer with its variance. Franks is going to know Muuss and his tendencies too given he was on his staff before the move to Wake. I'd expect a tactical game, and one where I could easily foresee this thread getting incredibly frustrated. An early goal would be even more useful than usual since it presumably would start to pull Denver out a little quicker than they might otherwise.

Now watch all of this be completely off base come Friday.

last time we beat VT in the NCAA tourney 2-0 ---- 2007, last WF National Championship 2007

So Sean Okoli announced, after a Golden Boot season under John Harkes at FC Cincinnati, that he won't be returning to the club. I wonder where he'll go? Do the Sounders still own his MLS rights?

Wake-Denver at 6 PM on the U
UNC-Stanford 8:45 on the U

Friday

Congratulations to AD Ron Wellman on an amazingly successful coaching hire.

Congratulations to AD Ron Wellman on an amazingly successful coaching hire.

Muuss has had an incredible first two years. Year one he took an unranked team and led them to #1 in the country. They lost to the national champs in the elite 8. Year two he took a top 5 team to #1 in the country and the college cup, with more to come this year.

I think this change was actually the best thing that could happen to the program.

Back