• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

you've made some version of this post about it being a kids sport like ten times

take issue with the "exclusively" part all you want

if you don't like soccer just fucking ignore it already

When American boys grow, they leave soccer for other sports. In other countries soccer is the sport of the masses. In the US it's the sport of immigrants and the elite.

I don't "hate". I simply dismiss it.

Sorry I do get it. soccer is the redheaded stepchild of American men's sports. We are as good as we'll ever get now.

Yes tens of millions of kids have played. But that doesn't matter. For the vast, vast majority once they are big enough to play baseball, football, basketball and even hockey, they switch sports.

Why does every soccer thread end with this?

If you don't like it, don't watch it, and sure as hell don't come onto a thread dedicated to it to bitch about how the game is played and how boring it is.

Think of how annoying it would be if every single NFL thread there was a European who came in and tried to improve the game by eliminating individual plays and making it like rugby.

it's also dumb to come tell a bunch of sad wake fans that nobody cares about the sport they just spent a fuckload of energy caring about

But soccer is the only sport that you don't have to score to win a championship. There is no rationale or excuse for this.

PKs were not part of soccer from the beginning.

P.S. As to the interest in soccer, even with millions of kids playing the game, each Final Four day had about 20% of the College Baseball World Series and an even smaller fraction of basketball and football championships. 20% may be very generous. There's no way there 5000 people at yesterday's game.

rj wants to bring back replays

I'm on board. Fuck strict schedules. Decide matters on the pitch.

At least you are now admitting, in a half-assed way, your post was total BS.

The reality is I'm one of about half a dozen people on this thread that say no sport should give a championship to a team that doesn't score in the championship game. Or in this case in an entire Final Four.

and i'm one of the dozens telling you idiots to stfu already

also i hate PKs and i can barely watch them, and it's a terrible way to decide a championship

but also fuck off rj

At least you are now admitting, in a half-assed way, your post was total BS.

The reality is I'm one of about half a dozen people on this thread that say no sport should give a championship to a team that doesn't score in the championship game. Or in this case in an entire Final Four.

WOW

half of a DOZEN people?!?!?!

WHOA

rj wants to bring back replays

I'm on board. Fuck strict schedules. Decide matters on the pitch.

It would be funny to watch the critics watch a game under the original rules. If you thought people complained about offside today, just wait!

It would be funny to watch the critics watch a game under the original rules. If you thought people complained about offside today, just wait!

Or the keeper picking up pass backs. HORROR SHOW

So, this is a total non-sequitur right now, but did anyone notice the Houston Dynamo supporters on TV?

Around the 5th minute of our match, one of the Dynamo supporters showed up in the supporters section and started playing a drum/cymbel. About 10 minutes later, another guy shows up with a trombone and starts playing Dynamo songs. By halftime, they had like 30-40 supporters singing. 'Twas good fun.

So, this is a total non-sequitur right now, but did anyone notice the Houston Dynamo supporters on TV?

Around the 5th minute of our match, one of the Dynamo supporters showed up in the supporters section and started playing a drum/cymbel. About 10 minutes later, another guy shows up with a trombone and starts playing Dynamo songs. By halftime, they had like 30-40 supporters singing. 'Twas good fun.

yeah they showed them a lot on TV and you could hear them clearly the whole match

Okay, not a big soccer fan outside of Wake. Can someone explain to me how it wasn't a card on the Stanford guy when he trucked out goalie? I mean, I guess he was technically going for the ball but he wasn't really close. If someone with more understanding of rules could explain this to me I would appreciate it.

Also don't get the hate for the game yesterday. I thought it was exciting. Watching Stanford's style of play was definitely frustrating but they had a gameplan and executed it how they wanted to. Virginia is very good at basketball and their games have been (maybe are) lower scoring than others because of good defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah they showed them a lot on TV and you could hear them clearly the whole match

Nice. I'm biased, but I thought they had started cheering for Wake Forest around the middle of the second half. It was clear that they showed up because there was soccer in their stadium and they wanted to sing some songs, but they were eventually trying to amp up the crowd anytime Wake had the ball.

Most people didn't really understand why they were there, and the songs are mostly in Spanish, so they were definitely getting some confused looks.

seemed to me like they were just there having a blast enjoying good competitive footie

Okay, not a big soccer fan outside of Wake. Can someone explain to me how it wasn't a card on the Stanford guy when he trucked out goalie? I mean, I guess he was technically going for the ball but he wasn't really close. If someone with more understanding of rules could explain this to me I would appreciate it.

Also don't get the hate for the game yesterday. I thought it was exciting. Watching Stanford's style of play was definitely frustrating but they had a gameplan and executed it how they wanted to. Virginia is very good at basketball and their games have been (maybe are) lower scoring than others because of good defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a booking.

#4 had 3 bookable offenses
#3 has 2 bookable offenses
Their forward, not #10, but the other one had 2 bookable offenses.

Argudo should have been sent off for his repeated fouls and I know that's why coach yanked him earlier than normal.

The ref was an utter embarrassment. Lost all control of the match.

#8 for Stanford is a class CB tho

Back