• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

I will be in Houston with a fellow Deac...how many times do you have a chance of witnessing Wake win a national championship? Are there any planned Deacon activities. Row 5, midfield, btw...

Solid article, especially if you get nostalgic about past teams/players. The Journal really stepped up their coverage this season.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_25f2954c-2127-5ca4-8282-79ed3b45b057.html

Yeah, this is great. I can attest to the family thing -- I was nobody, just a kid who hung around the program and camps since I was six or seven, but both Walt and Jay always kept an eye out for me, John Hackworth let me help out in the office my freshman year, and I went to most home games from '03-'08 or so, after I moved back to NC. Anytime I was around Jay treated me like part of the program, and most of the players and alums did as well. I was invited into the locker room after the Natty, too, though didn't go because I felt out of place. I think that broke the fourth wall on my sports viewership and I was like, wait, I'm not part of this team/program, I'm just a hanger on, and I haven't really followed closely since, but pumped for the kids and the program this go 'round -- Muuss has done a great job.

Any Winston deacs have a bar in mind to watch the matches?

Footie is always better with other fans.

Edited for Winston

Last edited:
I was just going to watch at home but I like where your head is at, SCD.

Let's pick somewhere and take it over.

I was just going to watch at home but I like where your head is at, SCD.

Let's pick somewhere and take it over.

Have to think Small Batch will show it. I think that's where the Congregation guys normally hang out

Dv7, long time, no see. Would love to slam some beers with you, mang

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

is

Doofus, you are not invited to watch the game with me in Charlotte.

Sad to miss the Winston gathering. I'll be in GSO watching the basketball Deacs.

Will catch it tomorrow night after work. It'll be the 1 time I get to watch us play something we're good at this year.

Back