• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU - UNC Line Predictions...

Why would Vegas put a line out there they knew would cost them money?

C'mon rj, you aren't one of those people that thinks Vegas goes for a 50/50 split on every line while they just eke out vigs...

Last edited:
With this game as an example, Vegas Sports Books take a position on games. They took a position on WF and they feel that the risk in being exposed by having the public bet up UNC is worth the reward of the money that Vegas will make if WF covers. Vegas does have the benefit of the 10% vig which makes the losses less painful for them than the public. I like WF ATS. Knew that the public would over-react (just like this Board did) to WF's sad performance last week, and UNC running it up.

Certainly possible for WF to get worked on Saturday, but its more likely that WF will be able to keep the game competitive. Grobe's ATS record as an underdog at WF is incredible.

Hate being negative but this is a bad, bad spot for us. We've got 5 of our few good players/starters not at 100% for Saturday....and it's gonna rain as well.

We all know UNC has gobs of talent and now has a coach to exploit it. A replay of last year I'm afraid....

Pilch, do you know Wake's record as a home dog under Grobe?

I wouldn't call partly cloudy with a 40% chance of rain as "It's Gon Rain".

Thanks Ollie.

It is not a "sky is falling" over-reaction from last week to note that our O-line remains very bad, our offensive play calling hasn't changed much, our qb isn't very accurate throwing on the run or under pressure, we don't score many points, our defense is better but not the Ravens, and we therefore had a predictably poor showing last week.

UNC, on the other hand, is athletic as hell and has a coach who can maximize their talent. Furthermore, they have been dealing with scandal and are not eligible for the post-season. The only thing left for them to do is play like their hair is on fire. I hope I'm wrong but I think they will beat the shit out of us.

It is not a "sky is falling" over-reaction from last week to note that our O-line remains very bad, our offensive play calling hasn't changed much, our qb isn't very accurate throwing on the run or under pressure, we don't score many points, our defense is better but not the Ravens, and we therefore had a predictably poor showing last week.

UNC, on the other hand, is athletic as hell and has a coach who can maximize their talent. Furthermore, they have been dealing with scandal and are not eligible for the post-season. The only thing left for them to do is play like their hair is on fire. I hope I'm wrong but I think they will beat the shit out of us.

It's not overreacting, but it's things that were already known before the season began.

Hate being negative but this is a bad, bad spot for us. We've got 5 of our few good players/starters not at 100% for Saturday....and it's gonna rain as well.

We all know UNC has gobs of talent and now has a coach to exploit it. A replay of last year I'm afraid....

everyone is basically going to be 100%. Wake covers this one.

303664_455016434538095_1534975918_n.jpg

Back