• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WGC Accenture Match Play Championship

DJ wins 7 and 5.

Jimenez is a complete boss. Up 3 through 3 on Bradley after beating Sergio yesterday. I love that guy.

This is one of my favorite golf shots of all time.

Eh, Donald has 3 stroke play wins in his entire PGA Tour career and has never really threatened to win a major. He's just a top 10 machine. Between the PGA and Euro tour I don't think he's passed 10 wins yet.

Other recent #1's? Westwood with 37 wins, Kaymer with 18 and a major, Tiger with a billion, Vijay with 50+, plus the other non-#1's like Phil who dwarf his success...

I think it's fair to say he's not much of a #1 player. Els, Norman, Lehman, Price, Faldo, Couples, Woosnam, Seve... I mean, he might be the worst in history.

Bingo. He is a steady player and usually plays well in the regular tournaments but doesn't do anything in the majors and really isn't the raw talent that other world #1's that give him that mental edge up on other people. He's just a nice guy who usually plays pretty good golf all year long. Put him, Rory, Phil, DJ, Kaymer, Tiger, and Westwood up against each other and where does his end up? I'd venture the answer to that is last place.

DJ wins 7 and 5.

Jimenez is a complete boss. Up 3 through 3 on Bradley after beating Sergio yesterday. I love that guy.

This is one of my favorite golf shots of all time.

Mine too. We were talking about this shot today at work.

Eh, Donald has 3 stroke play wins in his entire PGA Tour career and has never really threatened to win a major. He's just a top 10 machine. Between the PGA and Euro tour I don't think he's passed 10 wins yet.

Other recent #1's? Westwood with 37 wins, Kaymer with 18 and a major, Tiger with a billion, Vijay with 50+, plus the other non-#1's like Phil who dwarf his success...

I think it's fair to say he's not much of a #1 player. Els, Norman, Lehman, Price, Faldo, Couples, Woosnam, Seve... I mean, he might be the worst in history.

Duval? Lehman not really known for winning, either. Lots of close calls, and I think he was No. 1 for about 25 minutes. Donald had a great year, and was the best player in the world last year, and it wasn't really close.

Duval? Lehman not really known for winning, either. Lots of close calls, and I think he was No. 1 for about 25 minutes. Donald had a great year, and was the best player in the world last year, and it wasn't really close.

Duval was a machine from 1998-2001 before he collapsed.

Number of wins by tour

PGA Tour 13
Japan Golf Tour 1
Nationwide Tour 2

Best results in Major Championships
Masters Tournament 2nd/T2: 1998, 2001
U.S. Open T2: 2009
The Open Championship Won 2001
PGA Championship T10: 1999, 2001

Achievements and awards
PGA Tour
leading money winner 1998
Vardon Trophy 1998
Byron Nelson Award 1998

Last edited:

At least Duval won a major

Lehman by comparison

Number of wins by tour

PGA Tour 5
European Tour 2
Japan Golf Tour 1
Nationwide Tour 4
Champions Tour 5
European Seniors Tour 1

Best results in Major Championships (Wins: 1)

Masters Tournament 2nd: 1994
U.S. Open T2: 1996
The Open Championship Won: 1996
PGA Championship T10: 1997

Achievements and awards
Ben Hogan Tour [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_Tour#Money_list_and_Player_of_the_Year_winners"]leading money winner [/URL]1991
Ben Hogan Tour Player of the Year 1991
PGA Player of the Year 1996
Vardon Trophy 1996
Byron Nelson Award 1996
PGA Tour leading money winner 1996
Payne Stewart Award 2010
Arnold Palmer Award (Champions Tour Money List Winner) 2011
Jack Nicklaus Trophy (Champions Tour Player of the Year) 2011

Last edited:
Last edited:
Luke is much younger than Duval or Lehman so this isn't a really fair comparison. I think he will be around the top for years to come.

Back