• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WGC Accenture Match Play Championship

Very weak finish. Wonder if the physical toll from last week got to him.

That's why I figured he wouldn't last long this week. Playoff late Sunday, then all the media. Turn around and have to play Wednesday.

Disappointing but maybe not all bad in the long term. He got a win last week, and he had to be tired. This tournament is a grind. Instead of getting more worn out he gets a break and will come back fresh and motivated for the Florida swing.

Damn. I was really excited to watch Bill and Webb this week.

Tough for Bill, but Ishikawa birdied 3 of the last 5 to do it. Not bad.

Webb's caddie was tweeting this morning, sounded like he was getting ready to go .... caddy.

Must have gotten sick as he has been out there and set to caddy as of yesterday.

Webb's caddie was tweeting this morning, sounded like he was getting ready to go .... caddy.

I don't know. My friend talked to Webb yesterday during the practice round and he had a local guy with him. Maybe his regular guy showed up yesterday or something.

Paul Tesori @_Soki_
@BrandonHavas Thanks everyone for the support. We got off to a slow start and then got hot but it was too late. Hungry for Florida golf!!!

Paul Tesori @_Soki_
Well, it's time for the warm up to begin. We've got a tough match against a talented player and good kid! C'mon CrazE-B

I'm guessing CrazE-B is Webb, but who knows, in another tweet he said he couldn't eat at subway, cause he and Webb were in the boondocks at Dove Mountain.

Did anyone watch the Luke Donald v Ernie Els match? Donald got destroyed, 5 and 4. What happened?

I'll go with Donald is probably the worst #1 in golf in a LONG while but I may be in the minority here. Just never been to impressed with him. He's a fine player but the fact that he's #1 is just funny to me. I don't think anyone considers him the best player in the world, I know I don't.

Els played great yesterday though. Much better than I've seen him play in a few years.

DJ down 3 after 5. Bad start for DJ.

I keep checking the match play score updates and the Huguely jury updates on my toolbar and am not getting a ton of work done.

DJ came back to win in 20 holes and is currently up 3 through 4 on Molinari.

:eek::eek::eek:

Huh? Donald isn't Tiger in his prime, but the dude won the Euro and the PGA $$ titles last year. I will repeat that. He won the Euro and PGA $$ titles in the same year. Damned impressive. He absolutely was the best player in the world last year and had been playing at a high level in the years proceeding last year. That said, he hasn't been playing well to start this season and had a terrible day yesterday. And I do think Rory will take over the #1 in the near future if Donald doesn't get last year's form back soon.

Schwartzel and Ooustihezen both playing well again today and leading their matches. I really don't want to see one of these guys win the Masters again this year though.

Eh, Donald has 3 stroke play wins in his entire PGA Tour career and has never really threatened to win a major. He's just a top 10 machine. Between the PGA and Euro tour I don't think he's passed 10 wins yet.

Other recent #1's? Westwood with 37 wins, Kaymer with 18 and a major, Tiger with a billion, Vijay with 50+, plus the other non-#1's like Phil who dwarf his success...

I think it's fair to say he's not much of a #1 player. Els, Norman, Lehman, Price, Faldo, Couples, Woosnam, Seve... I mean, he might be the worst in history.

Back