• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are the most beatdown places you've visited?

Just looking at things at face value and not getting to know any of the people? I can think of a few hollers in eastern KY where it's hard to believe those conditions exist in the US.

Anyone been to third world countries and places like San Salvador or visited a favela?

Been to some pretty deep places: refugee camp, jungle villages, garbage dump communities. Can kinda fuck you up, to be honest.

The Bronx, c. 1980. Our limo driver got lost after a Yankees game.

I had to drive through Gary, Indiana once. Woof.

There are some brutal areas of Baltimore that just have boarded rowhome after boarded rowhome. It's not that those areas are poorer than some areas, they're just abandoned and decaying.

Jail, several third world countries, and some pretty dead stoplight/stop sign towns throughout the south

Probably some of the slums I explored in Bangkok. Was an incredible experience. Seen some rough stuff in China and Indonesia, too, but not like Bangkok's slums.

My parents have extensive travel experience in India, and they said that redefined their idea of poverty.

Back