• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

Now listening to a ton of mp3s a buddy sent me of the Gerry Rafferty-cut of Richard and Linda Thompson's Shoot Out the Lights a long circulating boot called "Rafferty's Folly" or "Before Joe Pulled the Plug" (referring to longtime producer Joe Boyd), which RT canned after not digging it. Which I can see why -- it's a little slick for RT, but sounding pretty good to me! Hard to improve on the finished project which landed a few years later where you can just feel RT and LT's relationship disintegrating.

Saw Built to Spill last night at Cats Cradle. Absolutely great set. The opening act, Disco Doom, was excellent as well.

The trio is firing on all cylinders. Can’t wait for May. Wish Oruã was touring with them again as they kicked ass, but it is the rhythm section’s bands getting the nod, and both kick ass. If you all have a chance, catch Dougie and crew. He is reinvigorated.

I guess we don't really need musicians/bands to keep making their own records. This is getting scary. The Oasis one is actually pretty good and the Nirvana kind of does sound like something Cobain would have written. The tone is off though. But it's going to keep getting better.

Phish 4/17/93

Just put on JEMP radio and this is the show they're playing. At some point later today I'm hoping to jump back into N3 from the Greek. I listened to the AC/DC Bag last night and it fucks - I hope they start to put that song back into the rotation as a jam vehicle.

It was the 25th anniversary of Massive Attack’s Mezzanine the other day, a stone cold classic, and there is a new, very good Everything But The Girl album out, so I’m listening to something from neither of those, but Tracey Thorn’s collab on another Massive Attack album.

Kings of Convenience, specifically “Know How”, “Cayman Islands”, “Homesick”, “Rocky Trail”. Good Sunday evening chill music.

Pretty bummed about Billy K pulling out of the Dead & Co tour this summer. I was really excited to see them for the final tour, but my desire to go has plummeted over the last few days. Boulder dates don't work for me, so I was looking into a quick trip for a show.

Back