• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

New release of ~7 hours of live Dire Straits material from 1978 to 1992 out now. Good listen and nice variety of some mainstream and deeper cut material.

In college, like many others, I got into Bob Marley's music. I bought a 3 pack of his CD's and would listen to them on my 7 hour drive to college. Since then I have faded in and out of listening to his music, but whenever I hear it, I think wow this is really good, I should listen to him more. A Bob Marley movie is coming out soon and that got me thinking about him again.

It’s been a tough week with the 3 local vets in GA that were in same Army career field as my son and then losing Toby today. It’s been a long 20+ years at war and no musician has been with us more. This is a pic of Toby in Kandahar with some of my fellow redhorse brothers and sisters from the 200th. IMG_4599.jpeg

Story heard about Toby Keith I want to share…

Kris Kristofferson and Toby Keith’s War of Words

As the legend goes, Keith came out of the theater’s basement to wish Nelson a happy birthday. He then saw Kristofferson and quipped, “None of that lefty shit out there tonight, Kris” – a reference to Kristofferson’s left-leaning political views.
“What the f–k did you just say to me?” Kristofferson replied. “You ever worn your country’s uniform?”
“You heard the question, you just don’t like the answer,” Kristofferson continued. “Have you ever served your country? The answer is, no, you have not. Have you ever killed another man? Huh? Have you ever
taken another man’s life and then cashed the check your country gave you for doing it? No, you have not. So shut the f–k up!”

Enough said…

Noah Kahan just dropped this version of "You're Gonna Go Far" with Brandi Carlile on it and it's so fucking good. They are both such amazing artists! Would love to see them do this one live.

Back