• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

I thought of you when I saw the set with all the amps set up; glad to hear you've still got his gear.

Agree that Marc Ford (followed closely by Luther) was the best Crowes guitarist. Nico is fine - I like Isaiah Mitchell (the guy Earthless that covered the SYMM tour) a lot better.
Recording engineer Brendan O'Brien played that killer guitar solo on Hard To Handle.

I like Marc Ford era Crowes best, but Audley Freed is one of my very favorite guitarists. Nice guy, too.

Last edited:
I went to one of those GnR / Soundgarden shows. I think it was the middle one but who knows. That was back when you had to wait in line at like 4am at whatever remote store with a Ticketmaster booth you thought would open first might be able to dial in fast enough at 9am before they got through the in-person line at MSG.

That said, looking back on the list right now I'd probably say Sinatra. Maybe INXS. I've seen pretty much everyone else on there who I would want to see (AIC, Slayer, Anthrax, Billy Joel, Blues Traveler, GnR and Soundgarden again).
INXS is vastly underated. Saw them with Ziggy Marley in Charlotte back in early 90's and sat on floor. Really good show.

can't stop listening to the cindy lee i posted a couple days ago

they're based in durham now, it appears

Do you feel tied into the Durham scene?

Nah, not at all. I never felt too… in Vancouver, I felt that way, where I went and saw so many amazing concerts while I was there. But I feel like in Durham and Calgary, I don’t really have much to do with anything, or anybody. Like Durham, I’m just kind of doing my own thing. I just played there for the first time, though, and it was really fun. I just wanted to see what it’s like - I definitely like the weather better than Canada, that’s for sure. But the people are great. I live really slow, so it suits me. But it might be too slow, I might have to go back to another city, maybe.

Not to dominate with Black Crowes talk, but last week Ronnie Wood (Faces) joined the band at the Greek Theater. Audio on this is pretty good (can't hear vocals well), but the the band sounds great.

An oldie but a great song and groundbreaking band

not gonna listen to taylor swift, but please post if there is any song on the new album better than this one

I went out last night to see The Black Crowes. Chris sounds really good for almost 60 and he’s still a high energy frontman - one of the greatest IMO. Setlist was a nice mix of the new songs as well as the classics. Great rock n roll show!
6eeef263d7f85056148cf526e385b3e4.jpg
Cool. Seeing them next month.

Is it a hot take to say that the Allmans were better than the Dead?

Is it a hot take to say that the Allmans were better than the Dead?

No. The Dead were much more prolific and their jams were more freeform but the original two ABB guitarists are better than Jerry (and you could argue Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes) as are the drummers. Gregg a better vocalist.

FWIW I do prefer all three artists solo efforts over their boygenius stuff, but I'm happy for them that they got to collaborate and make music that people like and their live shows seem very fun. Feels like a net positive for all their careers too that boygenius did blow up the way it did.

Back