• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are you listening to right now?

Since posting this, added The Scooter Brown Band (my neighbor's son is the lead singer, so went to support the neighbor) and JRAD with a fucking monster of a show last week - almost 3.5 hours. He wasn't inside Denver city limits so he could play late and he did. Show's on ReListen for any interested. Coasting through this month to MMJ on the 29th to close out my year.

was listening to the JRAD show yesterday right when they announced some new dates including 2 nights here in April. Score!

Sitting in a hotel bar in downtown Milwaukee after one of the most satisfying gigs I’ve ever played having a glass of rye and listening to Hollis brown oh sweet nothing and feeling pretty damn happy

Luther’s solo here is perfection. Oh Sweet Nothin is an excellent song to jam on. My band actually formed from jamming into his song.

https://youtu.be/7CZR6NwlN9w

"Excursions" was in the 7th episode of Station Eleven, so I've been listening to "The Low End Theory" a lot the last few days.

And it still slaps, 30 years later.

"Excursions" was in the 7th episode of Station Eleven, so I've been listening to "The Low End Theory" a lot the last few days.

And it still slaps, 30 years later.

No kidding - I listened to it early this week and was floored. I haven't listened to it start to finish in a long time and it remains an incredible album.

Checking out the 2021 album by Syndey Sprague after seeing it pop up a few times recently and 3 songs into it, I'm enjoying it.

I saw those guys a few times on those first couple of albums, once in Atlanta with a young Kings of Leon opening, another time in Raleigh and Jimmy Fallon opened. Then again at the Hollywood Bowl and they opened for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

Last edited:
I saw those guys a few times on those first couple of albums, once in Atlanta with a young Kings of Leon opening, another time in Raleigh and Jimmy Fallon opened. Then again at the Hollywood Bowl and they opened for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

One of those bands that makes me feel nostalgic. If I hear something from Youth and Young Manhood or Aha Shake Heartbreak, I immediately flash back to being 19-20 years old working in a restaurant kitchen.

One of those bands that makes me feel nostalgic. If I hear something from Youth and Young Manhood or Aha Shake Heartbreak, I immediately flash back to being 19-20 years old working in a restaurant kitchen.

Yeah Y&YM is great. Joe’s Head was always my favorite track.

Jamming out to the Oasis Live at Knebworth (96) release that came out last year - really fucking great rock n roll album.

really getting into listening to records lately. dad gave me his turntable/amps/record collection back in 2019 and I finally had it repaired in 2020 but way later than I would've liked since I was home every day. got a couple of Black Friday 2020 RSD releases then kinda put it on hold for a while since the records were sitting in a box. but my wife gave me a nice cabinet to store my records for Christmas and I've been on a frenzy cleaning all my dad's old ones and buying new ones. need to get some stands for my bookshelf speakers so I can put the turntable and amps on the cabinet (they're on an adjacent dresser now). records I've bought in the last couple of weeks:

Widespread Panic Sunday Show
Les Claypool's Frog Brigade Live Frogs Sets 1 & 2
Tedeschi Trucks Band (with Trey) Layla Revisited
Widespread Panic Live at Austin City Limits

to go along with Abbey Road, Revolver, and Tommy that my wife gave me the past 2 Christmases that I hadn't listened to on the turntable yet.

Debating buying the JGB 30th Anniversary release or the Grateful Dead Giants Stadium 91 box sets. Let the addiction commence!

Back