• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What Can We do to get Buzz to leave ASAP

I'm surprised more people don't hound him on Twitter. His Twitter feed is so boring it's clearly the actual guy, not some PR flack.

I posted this chart near the beginning of the season (after the ASU game, I think) @WFCoachBzdelik:

na4KR.jpg

I've mentioned it other threads so apologies for repeating myself... but I was promptly blocked from the @WFCoachBzdelik account (which i didn't even know was an option on Twitter) & now any post that I make @WFCoachBzdelik is not findable in public searches.

If you ever wonder why I spend a good amount of time compiling data & pointing out how much Bz sucks on here... Its probably because I didn't really like the notion of being a long-time supporter of the team, posting one (pretty darn objective) message, and then being muted/blocked*. Its not like it really affected me personally at the time; but it definitely made me raise an eyebrow & wonder how he'd handle criticism from the press in real-life once the 'new coach' period started to wear off...

*Completely aware that it might not be 'him' posting on Twitter; if he's got somebody managing it for him... it might as well be him.

:tear::tear::tear::tear::tear: Alright, I'm done.

there's nothing anyone can do unless the trustees grow a pair and fire Wellman. Wellman can't fire Buzz because it would mean he would have to admit he made a mistake. The future is this:

year 2 with Buzz: best of the worst bottom four of a very weak ACC and another quick exit in March....Wellman praises progress and our King of Culture Change Buzz only cusses out one Miami fan this year,(down from whatever it was in the Skip/Dino years apparently)...

year 3 with Buzz: not sure yet if team will move up to 6 wins in ACC play. If Buzz does that Wellman gives him Coach of Year award and praises him yet again...another quick exit in March...

year 4 with Buzz: we reach 9-9 or 8-10 in ACC play and quick exit in March and Wellman with apologies finally removes Buzz and Wake starts over yet again.

I hate to say this, but if we do your yr 4, it will mean a year 5...

“You know what? I don’t dwell on negative thoughts,’’ he replied. “I don’t. What purpose does it serve? The majority of people who complain have never built anything successful because they would have known if you’re going to start from scratch you’re not going to be able to snap your fingers and have success. So the people who have had success, they know what it takes. It’s the people who have never been there, done that before – those kind of people, I could care less what they think. They don’t ruin my day, period.’‘

http://www.journalnow.net/index.php/mytakeonwake/entry/the-critics-dont-ruin-bzdeliks-day/

I love that quote when placed against the backdrop of Bzz's coaching career/record. Here's a guy who has had almost no success, and when given the opportunity to build something, has never stuck around long enough to actually give it a shot.

Last edited:
I love that quote when placed against the backdrop of Bzz's coaching career/record. Here's a guy who has had almost no success, and when given the opportunity to build something, has never stuck around long enough to actually give it a shot.

True, but if you are at Air Force and have a chance to go to Colorado, you do it. And if you are at Colorado and have a chance to go to the ACC, you do it. I don't fault him for those coaching changes, I would have done the same thing.

I am watching too and thought the same thing. Why we did not go after Shaka and ended up with Bz fuck ......

You do realize that Shaka had not coached one game as a head coach when we offered Bz right? He had just been hired from the VCU bench after Grant left for Alabama ...

True, but if you are at Air Force and have a chance to go to Colorado, you do it. And if you are at Colorado and have a chance to go to the ACC, you do it. I don't fault him for those coaching changes, I would have done the same thing.

No, I don't fault him for taking a better job when offered. I fault him for being a prick when his record is questioned, and attempting to shame those who question it when his own record of success and building things is a steaming pile of poop.

I guess I do have to give him credit for being successful in the sense that he has turned poop into career advancement after career advancement. So, if he's talking about building up his own self, he might have a point. And given his propensity to blame others and the players for his own shortcomings as a coach, I don't doubt that he sees himself as having built something "successful" simply because he's advanced through the college bball coaching ranks against all odds (i.e. he probably sees himself as some great Champion who has triumphed despite his failings as a coach). He seems to forget that he is the leader of a basketball team rather than the selfish CEO of Bzzcorp. He's defining his success by something other than the results he actually obtains on the court. Given his record, I don't guess I blame him.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that coming to an acc team that made the tournament the year before is "starting from scratch."

What if one of you were to eat up all of the unwiped ass in the Triad? Do yo think he might leave town in search of fresh unwiped ass?

No, I don't fault him for taking a better job when offered. I fault him for being a prick when his record is questioned, and attempting to shame those who question it when his own record of success and building things is a steaming pile of poop.

I guess I do have to give him credit for being successful in the sense that he has turned poop into career advancement after career advancement. So, if he's talking about building up his own self, he might have a point. And given his propensity to blame others and the players for his own shortcomings as a coach, I don't doubt that he sees himself as having built something "successful" simply because he's advanced through the college bball coaching ranks against all odds (i.e. he probably sees himself as some great Champion who has triumphed despite his failings as a coach). He seems to forget that he is the leader of a basketball team rather than the selfish CEO of Bzzcorp. He's defining his success by something other than the results he actually obtains on the court. Given his record, I don't guess I blame him.

This is such total bullshit. It's more interesting to put yourself in the shoes of someone you admire and imagine what they are thinking. Anytime you try and put yourself in the shoes of someone you loathe, what you imagine they are thinking is likely to be ... total bullshit.

I don't think Bzd has anything to do with what defines his success at Wake. My guess is that Wellman laid out the definition of success and it is probably triple layered:

* mentoring/classroom/life coaching stuff
* games
* program enthusiasm

If and when Bzd is fired or leaves Wake, Ron is likely going to give him an A for mentoring, a C or D for program enthusiasm, and gloss over the games report card. Program enthusiasm will be what kills him - unless he overachieves for several years.

This is such total bullshit. It's more interesting to put yourself in the shoes of someone you admire and imagine what they are thinking. Anytime you try and put yourself in the shoes of someone you loathe, what you imagine they are thinking is likely to be ... total bullshit.

I don't think Bzd has anything to do with what defines his success at Wake. My guess is that Wellman laid out the definition of success and it is probably triple layered:

* mentoring/classroom/life coaching stuff
* games
* program enthusiasm

If and when Bzd is fired or leaves Wake, Ron is likely going to give him an A for mentoring, a C or D for program enthusiasm, and gloss over the games report card. Program enthusiasm will be what kills him - unless he overachieves for several years.

Yes, we all know you like to get into your make believe world and pretend to know what Ron Wellman is thinking. It's adorable.

You do realize that Shaka had not coached one game as a head coach when we offered Bz right? He had just been hired from the VCU bench after Grant left for Alabama ...

That's false, he had been coaching a year. Good try though.

Yes, we all know you like to get into your make believe world and pretend to know what Ron Wellman is thinking. It's adorable.

Capriciate it. I wish I could say the same about your twitter attacks. I think they're weird, even for a 12-year old girl.

When you sad little men "succeed" at ruining Jeff's life, by harassing him and his family, I hope you will all recognize your part in making this basketball program a toxic wasteland--a place where no member of the coaching fraternity would ever want to be.

Last edited:
Back