• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What Celebrity Death Hit You Hardest?

george harrison's death hit me in an (unusual) way: the night of the sad news i had a dream where harrison appeared to me and i thanked him for all he had done...he was the first person that made me want to play the guitar.

Johnny Carson, for some reason. Yeah, he was old, but I watched him all the time on TV when I was a kid. He was larger than life to me.

Dale Earnhardt, for sure. I was only in 8th grade at the time, but he was my favorite NASCAR driver by a long shot.

Also, while it didn't hit me hard at the time, I can't help having a Debbie Downer moment whenever I'm reminded of Princess Diana's accident.

Earlier this year Duke Snider died. Though he was 84, I found that surprisingly emotional.

I cannot imagine what it will be when Arnie passes...unless I go first of course.

Skip, obviously.

Biggie's passing got me as well. It happened while we were on spring break. We listened to Big Poppa all Jr. year.

RVZ

ixbnmd.jpg

I posted Bobby Fuller as a joke because 80% of this board wasnt even born when he died and 95% doesnt even know who he is.

If celebrity deaths (beyond those that die in tragic human events [like huge accidents or incidents] or people you actually know [like many who actually knew coach prosser]) really affect you then you need to work harder on getting your own life.

Personally it was Jim Henson. But I remember a friend of mine absolutely torn to pieces when Mitch Hedberg died.

Was pretty bummed about Heath Ledger. I still remember when Chris Nolan announced he was going to play the Joker and a lot of people were unhappy about the casting choice. When asked why he chose Ledger, Nolan simply answered "Because he's fearless." I think we see now what he meant. It's just a shame the way he died--the fact that he would have just been entering the peak of his career and the sky would've really been the limit for him.

Been watching No Reservations and Parts Unknown lately.

Anthony Bourdain was such a loss. A genius in this world.

Been watching No Reservations and Parts Unknown lately.

Anthony Bourdain was such a loss. A genius in this world.

He managed to capture the essence of both The French Laundry and Waffle House in a coherent way. A true raconteur of cuisine.

This thread has been buried so long that there was no mention of Bowie. So now there is a mention of Bowie, which is definitely the one which hit hardest for me, even though I felt like it was only a matter of time once Lou Reed died. Not that their life forces were intrinsically tied together or anything, but it was a warning sign to me that I needed to maybe get prepared.

This thread has been buried so long that there was no mention of Bowie. So now there is a mention of Bowie, which is definitely the one which hit hardest for me, even though I felt like it was only a matter of time once Lou Reed died. Not that their life forces were intrinsically tied together or anything, but it was a warning sign to me that I needed to maybe get prepared.

was driving to work when the radio dj announced Bowie's death. didn't go to work that day.

See. Rj can be funny as hell.

Prince’s death tore me up.

Back