• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What Celebrity Death Hit You Hardest?

I think I can honestly say that I've never felt at all bad at the death of any celebrity. If they were a good/likable figure then there's the "well, shit, that's too bad" feeling, but I've never been upset or actually legitimately sad at the passing of someone I did not know

Chris Benoit, that shit was f'ed up. also ruined the best storyline wrestling had run in a long time, the supposed who killed vince mcmahon? that was gonna be awesome.

John Lennon-how it was broken to me(on MNF) was also something that had impact. As bizarre as it sounds Howard Cosell's rant really hit home.

chrisfarley.jpg

Len Bias

Just turned 16. Loved him. Never thought about doing coke after that happened. If that shit can kill Len Bias...

Lots of people gone at young ages. Which one hit you hardest? I'll start: Layne Staley. I always hoped he'd get better and start making music again.

This was going to be my answer as soon as I read the thread title. I heard on the radio in the morning while driving to high school during my senior year. My heart just sunk.

I also took John Entwistle's death pretty hard for some reason, even though I wasn't a huge Who fan.

Stevie Ray Vaughan. Felt gutshot. I had just graduated from high school and was looking forward to a pre-college summer boozing and listening to a little SRV & DT.

Definitely Skip. I'm trying to think back at celebrities (both young and old) that I remember having a visceral reaction to (or even just remembering hearing about their death) and it's definitely a small number. Skip hit hard.

Skip, John Lennon, Johnny U

And while I've never given negrep, I'll have to if someone says Diana.

Back