• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What Celebrity Death Hit You Hardest?

Len Bias

Just turned 16. Loved him. Never thought about doing coke after that happened. If that shit can kill Len Bias...

Same. The 25th anniversary is in a few weeks. Not once in that time have I considered using cocaine.

Have you guys even thought about all the people who used cocaine, had a great time, and woke up just fine the next morning?

Have you guys even thought about all the people who used cocaine, had a great time, and woke up just fine the next morning?

They're much better off sticking to safe and healthy choices like cigarettes and booze.

The Bias death didn't hit me much. It was unfortunate, and although Maryland has always been my 2nd favorite school, I didn't like Bias at the time. That's when I was at Wake, and I had loved the King Albert teams as a kid, but that Bias team was the dirtiest team MD ever had. Fothergill and Veal were as bad as Sheehey and Meagher, and Bias was almost as bad - those guys were big elbow throwers. You half expect that stuff from big guys with modest talent, Chas for example, but I don't like seeing that from star players.

Define "just fine." Depression, headache, and stuffy nose are a terrible combo.

EdI0.jpg

Last edited:
DONT FORGET ABOUT THEIR MOLARS!!!!!!!!!! DAHHHH!

Skip and Tim Russert. And while only a local celebrity, I loved Jim "Mad Dog" Mandich. The upcoming Dolphins season won't be the same.

jfk jr, because stupid abc preempted hours of british open coverage to talk about it

I won't count Skip because his death hit me particularly hard because of all the interaction I had with him while covering them for the OGB.

I'd say Chris Farley. I had seen him on multiple late-night shows shortly before his death, and he just seemed like such a genuinely good guy.

Skip and Tim Russert. And while only a local celebrity, I loved Jim "Mad Dog" Mandich. The upcoming Dolphins season won't be the same.

Forgot Russert. While I can't stand most media types, I really enjoyed his show on Sunday mornings. Now I don't watch any of those shows. If you were running for president, you had to go on his show as a rite of passage. And if you deserved a good skewering, he was gonna do it. In the 2008 cycle, he destroyed Richardson, Guiliani and Romney. And his skewering of Perot is legendary.

jfk jr, because stupid abc preempted hours of british open coverage to talk about it

Yeah, only because they preempted the Open. I am almost as mystified by Kennedy clan fascination as I am about the British Royals.

Jim Henson is one that I don't remember happening at the time (I was 12), but was a bigger deal to me a few years down the road. It still gets to me when I watch "Muppet Family Christmas" and see him at the end.

One that hasn't been mentioned yet is Douglas Adams. He was my absolute favorite author through high school and beyond, and he still had a great deal to contribute when he died at a relatively young age.

Back