• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What chain restaurants don't suck?

Ha! It may be better quality but it's not authentic Chinese.

Next time you come through ATL, hit me up and I'll give you some solid recs

Well of course it isn't authentic Chinese. It's a giant American chain.

Ruth's Chris depends significantly on the restaurant. Their "test" restaurant was in Bethesda and was the best one I've been to by far. They had things on that menu that weren't at the other chains' and usually they were better than the rest of the things on the menu. I've never had Calamari as good as I've had at Ruth's Chris in Bethesda, and it wasn't even really close.

Then when I took some friends there in Vegas, I was not allowed to pick restaurants for a year based on how bad it was.

I've never really liked Mortons at all, but I mainly eat Filet's and supposedly Morton's bone-in steaks are their specialty.

Shake Shack
Five Guys
Jersey Mikes

I mean, that is probably the only ones I can think of that are "chains," but Shake Shack isn't a huge one. The rest of the chains I go to aren't because they're great, its just because I am hungry and out of ideas.

Oh, and Moe's is awful, really awful. I've been to all 3 too. Chipotle > Qdoba >>>> Moe's. The burrito at Moe's I had was like cat food. Seriously. The chicken wasn't real. Chipotle has good meats and Qdoba is adequate, but Moe's is just a joke.

Who would eat at RC in vegas?

People who live there. The only vegas steakhouses that were definitively better than the RC in Bethesda are T-Bones, Strip Steak N9NE and SW Steakhouse and Cut, and most don't beat it by that much a margin unless you care about wine lists. I did not try Prime Nero's and Carvenzo's but lets assume they are better as well. All of those except for T-Bones requires a trip to the strip, which is annoying for locals.

Strip Steak is the best I've had, but I didn't have their filet.

Most of the fancy Vegas steakhouses like Craftsteak and Delmonico that get good reviews put Rosemary and Tyme on their steaks which just kills it for me.

None of the above "better" steakhouses had a noticably better filet than the Bethesda RC.

Last edited:
The only thing I get at Moes are the quesadillas

Who has time for mediocre steakhouses when there are hookers, blow, booze and poker?

Second (or third) Tijuana Flats. Chick Fil A, Seasons 52, and Jason's Deli are good also.

SOME DUDE WHO CLAIMS TO BE A DEAC SAID HE DOESNT KNOW WHAT COOKOUT IS ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THIS THREAD.

People who live there. The only vegas steakhouses that were definitively better than the RC in Bethesda are T-Bones, Strip Steak N9NE and SW Steakhouse and Cut, and most don't beat it by that much a margin unless you care about wine lists. I did not try Prime Nero's and Carvenzo's but lets assume they are better as well. All of those except for T-Bones requires a trip to the strip, which is annoying for locals.

Strip Steak is the best I've had, but I didn't have their filet.

Most of the fancy Vegas steakhouses like Craftsteak and Delmonico that get good reviews put Rosemary and Tyme on their steaks which just kills it for me.

None of the above "better" steakhouses had a noticably better filet than the Bethesda RC.

Charlie Palmer's was awesome in DC and I'm assuming it is just as awesome in Vegas.

I noticed the same thing. There are people in the world who don't know Cookout? What kind of world is that?

There's likely a few that I've missed that I haven't been to

Yeah it is a must-go-to in DC. Pretty neat to eat a great filet and look over to your right and see a US senator eating right there.

I've never been. I'll have to try the next time I'm in Cary.

The hot sauce bar is awesome.

I also love the flautas, if you're up for something galactically bad for you.

You can, of course, get items there that are pretty good for you, but the flautas...

:drool:

I definitely have to second Ted's Montana Grill. Actually make everything in the restaurant--including cut the potatoes for the french fries. Also, their bison burgers are great.

Shake Shackis awesome. Such great quality for the money. The one time I went to PF Chang's was in Atlantic City because the girl we were with wanted to go there for her g'day. Might've been the saltiest meal I've ever had. It's funny because on the flip side you've got Peter Chang's in Cville and it is amazing Chinese food. He just opened a new spot in Richmond this week and is supposed to open one in NoVa soon.

Back