• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What cupcake will Wellman replace Vanderbilt with?

I believe the only reason were doing a home and home with ULM is because after we lost a game for this year (with rice I think?) it was so late that we were stuck with no leverage to get a home game this year with nothing else. I think we also are cheap with regards to payments but that's not substantiated by anything other than speculation and a couple of rumors I've heard. So it's hard to get teams. We were down to ULM and someone like Idaho or Utah state I think.

I can't even remember. I know we lost to them up there on the road on Thursday night in Wisnoski's first game because we went for two in OT when he had already missed an XP. Might have been Grobe's first game even? And then I think that was the rescheduled game on 9/11 as well. My dates may be off totally though. It's definitely related to that earlier series though

First game of his second season--I will always remember that game because it was my first experience as a Wake fan (that was my first year of law school). That game pretty much set the stage for most of what I've been able to go through in the last 11 years...

It is the end of the 2-for-1 with NIU. We played them at home in the final game in '01 and away in the first game of '02.

First game of his second season--I will always remember that game because it was my first experience as a Wake fan (that was my first year of law school). That game pretty much set the stage for most of what I've been able to go through in the last 11 years...

Hard to forget Thomas Hammock "RUMBLING" for three-yard gains. Most biased announcers EVERRR

It doesn't seem like other schools have these OOC contracts that extend over a decade.

Technically, the Tulane contact from 1995 was still open and we will get the home game as part of a 2 for 1 towards the end of this decade.

Air Force from 1998 is still open, I guess.

and NIU 2 for 1 from 01 and 02.

fbschedules.com isn't always right. In 2010, I booked a trip to Stanford when they posted our game out there. They were off by a week and we ended up seeing Colorado-Cal instead. Thank GOD for missing that disaster, though.

I believe the only reason were doing a home and home with ULM is because after we lost a game for this year (with rice I think?) it was so late that we were stuck with no leverage to get a home game this year with nothing else. I think we also are cheap with regards to payments but that's not substantiated by anything other than speculation and a couple of rumors I've heard. So it's hard to get teams. We were down to ULM and someone like Idaho or Utah state I think.

You are correct. If you look at the official site, it still shows Rice as an opponent for 2013 and 2014.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/062504aaa.html

2014 has us playing NIU (9-13) Army (9-20) at ULM (8-30) and at ND (11-8). 2015 has us vs Army (home) and Indiana (site to be determined) leaving two spots to fill. I'm thinking Big South for the home game and a florida or texas team (Sun Belt,AAC or C-USA). Just a guess, I'd say Fla Atlantic and Prezbo again.

Thought we had a series with Tulane scheduled? Has that been cancelled?

I think we're technically still on the hook for that. Is the Air Force deal a return from the game where we were ranked like 25th in the country in the AP poll to start the year and lost something like 42-0? Or was that another beat down?

The "tentative" OOC schedule so far: Indiana '15-'16, Army '15, Delaware '16, Rice '17-'18 and Tulane '16 '18 and '20.

I think we're technically still on the hook for that. Is the Air Force deal a return from the game where we were ranked like 25th in the country in the AP poll to start the year and lost something like 42-0? Or was that another beat down?

I've been told from someone in the program that we won't play Air Force as long as Grobe is the coach. He doesn't want to play Calhoun. I suppose similar reasoning would lead us not to play Charlotte.

Suspect another series with Navy has to be right around the corner.

That game in 98. We are still owed a home game from that debacle. We were actually expected to have a good team that year. SI had us at #25.

Back