• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What do we know about Richmond ?

Yeah. Crawford and Collins look like really good four year guys.

I don't see Childress getting much run next season. Seems like Crawford, Wilbekin, Woods, and maybe Crab will be holding down the guard rotation.

Agree. Childress and Wilbekin will likely be extremely similar players I'd think. Hopefully Childress has a higher ceiling and will be one of those players who gets spot minutes for a year or two prior to being a vital piece as a junior/senior. It's a good thing that we aren't relying on him to produce on day 1.

No way one of our 4 best forward recruits in the last 20 years stays for 4 years.

I'll agree if Collins develops the size and offensive skill of Songaila or can be a tweener like Johnson and AFA.

Our freshmen are good

I can't remember the last time we had freshmen where even the thought of jumping early to the league was a remote possibility

I'll agree if Collins develops the size and offensive skill of Songaila or can be a tweener like Johnson and AFA.

Wasn't Songaila like 24 years old when he graduated ?

DEACS RESUME SERIES AGAINST THE SPIDERS
• Wake Forest hosts one of its most-frequent non-conference opponents as Richmond visits Winston-Salem
• The Deacs look to start the season 3-0 for the second time in three years
• Richmond is making its road debut after splitting a pair of home games, falling to James Madison before defeating Stetson

SERIES HISTORY
• Wake Forest leads the all-time series 40-12 (19-3 at Wake, 11-1 LJVM)
• Tonight’s game marks the eighth consecutive year and the 15th time in the last 16 years the schools have met
• The Deacons won last year’s matchup 65-63 in Richmond on Devin Thomas’ game-winning tip-in as time expired
• In the last meeting in Winston-Salem in 2013-14, the Demon Deacons won 76-66 in overtime, as Codi Miller-McIntyre scored 26 points to help Wake Forest erase an 11-point deficit over the final five minutes of regulation
• Two of the last three meetings in Winston-Salem have gone to overtime

Our freshmen are good

I can't remember the last time we had freshmen where even the thought of jumping early to the league was a remote possibility

Teague/Johnson. Before that AFA but don't think we thought Woods or Walker would actually make it too after we got a look at them in Wake jerseys.

Teague/Johnson. Before that AFA but don't think we thought Woods or Walker would actually make it too after we got a look at them in Wake jerseys.

Nobody, including Teague himself, thought he might leave after his freshman year to go to the league.

Our freshmen are good

CMM's first game.

Slow your roll.

leaving early is not the same as leaving after freshman year

Nobody, including Teague himself, thought he might leave after his freshman year to go to the league.

Good point; let me rephrase:

Nobody, including Teague himself, thought he might leave early to go to the league when he was a freshman. In fact, he often talked to students and media about staying for four years.

Is the Richmond game televised anywhere?

ESPN3

leftcoast beat me to the punch. btw, I'm pretty stoked about the OOC tickets this year. $4 tickets with $6.50 bbq sandwich coupon on the back. ARBITRAGE, bitches.

Last edited:
SERIES HISTORY
• Wake Forest leads the all-time series 40-12 (19-3 at Wake, 11-1 LJVM)

Does not compute. What's the difference between Wake and LJVM? And, unless we've played them 19 times in the post season, where are the 10 missing wins and 9 missing losses.

Does not compute. What's the difference between Wake and LJVM? And, unless we've played them 19 times in the post season, where are the 10 missing wins and 9 missing losses.

Memorial Coliseum?

Maybe, just maybe, we played them at home before the LJVM was built?

Memorial Coliseum?

Seems an odd way to split things up, but that makes a little more sense I guess. But "Wake" would seem to be inclusive of LJVM. 30-4 all time at home and 10-8 on the road then? Or is it 19-3 at Wake (including LJVM) and 21-9 at Richmond/other?

Last edited:
Maybe, just maybe, we played them at home before the LJVM was built?

Well, obviously. I've just never seen an all-time record split up between multiple venues. It's usually home vs away.

FYI the game is on espn 3 if anyone is curious.

Last edited:

We played a lot of home games at the Greensboro coliseum while LJVM was being built?

Back