• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What do you drive?

2012 Mazdaspeed3.
Here is picture of it 13 days after I bought it when a distinguished former Wake Forest provost CRUSHED it in a parking lot.

OIxYDM7.jpg

I still drive my 2003 Toyota Avalon. Only 63,000 miles. I am too cheap to give it up despite driving it for over ten years. Car runs perfectly, just no reason to trade in. Big case of car envy at the moment

I still drive my 2003 Toyota Avalon. Only 63,000 miles. I am too cheap to give it up despite driving it for over ten years. Car runs perfectly, just no reason to trade in. Big case of car envy at the moment

With only 63k, you're right to keep it. I didn't get rid of my SAAB until it had 140,000 and I was afraid what would happen when SAAB went bankrupt.

How the heck did that happen?

I was parked in front of the Total Wine on Stratford. The driver of the other car lost control (possible medical episode) of their car, took the back bumper off two cars parked by the front door of Carraba's, then accelerated all the way across the parking lot and hit my (luckily unoccupied) car so hard that it it pushed my car into the parked next it to, damaging both sides of my car. Total carnage: 5 cars.

sAOBBol.jpg

My history of cars:

1988 Silver Jeep Cherokee Sport - good starting car, but then my dad's Grand Cherokee got stolen and we played musical cars in the family.
1987 Gold Volvo 740GLE - my mom's old car; electrical issues started cropping up, and when I got stranded on the NJ Turnpike driving from CT to WFU, that was about it
1994 Black Nissan Altima - no good story behind this one
2003 Black Mitsubishi Galant - you could not keep a wheel cover on this thing - I was always missing one. Paint also wore off in spots, but I'd put so many miles on it that my part of the class-action settlement wasn't enough to get a decent paint job
2011 Black Hyundai Santa Fe - bought in preparation for a growing family - maybe the most comfortable car I've ever driven

Bought a 2012 black Altima coupe w/ some pimpin' red leather interior last year to appease my mid-life crisis. Needed something sporty, but also somewhat practical. Wanted to get a Z, but couldn't justify spending the amount of money it cost for a car with no trunk space and shitty sight lines. The Altima coupe was the next logical step down. Got it loaded for the price of a base Z.

History of cars consists of...

1980 (I'm guessing on the year) Daewoo Royale Deluxe (my high school car. Windshield wipers used to come on for no apparent reason)
1984 Ford Thunderbird (given to me by my grandmother, wrecked in the great DFW Thanksgiving ice storm of 1996)
1996 Ford Contour (transmission gave out way too early, but I bought another Ford anyway)
2002 Ford Taurus (was a pretty solid car for me overall)

Back