• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What do your kids call your parents or what do you call your grandparents

names of grandparents

• Grandma/Grandpa

Votes: 41 51.9%
  • Grandmama/Granddaddy

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Nana/Papa

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Some combination of the above (also select those options)

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • Other

Votes: 35 44.3%
  • Doofus and Numbers

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Grandmother/Grandfather

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
mimi and bubba... I like it. As for Grandfather Bellis, how pretentious.

My parents are grandma and grandpa. My wife's parents are Nonni (she's Italian) and Poppa and everyone has called her grandma "Grams" for pretty much ever.

My dad alllways tried to get us to call him Pop so I think my kids will call him that. I don't know about my mom.

Most of our grandparent names came from the first grandkid not being able to say grandpa/ma/mom/etc. No idea where Bebop came from other than TMNT. Actually, just this Christmas he was like "I wrote Bepop on my Christmas tags because I couldn't remember how you guys spell it". Ummm you've been called BeBOP for 27 years and by 6 grandkids.

I think HTTDs mom said what she wanted to be but I forget what it was. I think something like Mimi, which I like.

my mom's parents: Grandmother and Grandad
my dad's parents: Granny and Grandaddy
my wife's mom's parents: Mammaw and Pappaw

My dad's parents were Nana and Papa.
My mom's parents were Grandma and Grandpa. Grandpa always tried to be "Grandpa Scoot" but it never caught on. I don't know why he wanted that scoot added.

Dad's mom was Granny. Mom's mom was Mom-maw. Their father's both died long before I was born and were horrible men from why my folks have told me.

Now that sister has kids, my folks will be Granny and either Grandpa or Papaw.

My parents - BB & Papi
My in-laws - Nana & Pops
My mom's parents - Mammie & Papa
My dad's parents - Granny & Pop

I only knew one set of grandparents (other set was dead): Mamma an Poppa. My kids called my parents Grandma in New Jersey and Pop-Pop. My wife's mother was Nanny...all gone :(

don't southern hicks use expressions like pee-paw and mee-maw?

did not read thread; maybe already covered

I called both sets of grandparents maw-maw and paw-paw. However, my kids call my parents mimi and poppy and the in-laws grammy and dad-dad.

I called both sets of grandparents maw-maw and paw-paw. However, my kids call my parents mimi and poppy and the in-laws grammy and dad-dad.

lol. My wife is from Mississippi, and one set of her grandparents are Memaw and P-Paw.

My children only have two living grandparents--my dad and my mother in law. My dad is Poppy. My mother in law wanted to be Grammy, and was called Grammy by her first grandchild, but once my oldest came along and started calling her Mimi, that stuck.

My parents: Gran and Granddaddy
My ILs: Grandmother and Grandfather
My mom's parents: Gran and Pete (his real name)
My dad's parents: Tak (her real nickname) and Granddaddy

My son has mangled Grandmother and Grandfather for years now but fortunately the ILs don't care too much.

My grandparents:
maternal: Grandmother and granddaddy
paternal: Granddaddy

wife grandparents:
Grandpa Pete and Grandma Dot
Grammy J
Mecca and Papa

for our kids:
my mom/stepdad are Grand and choo-choo
My dad - granddaddy
wife's dad - grandpa Kip
wife's mom - grandma sharon