• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What Gift Did You Give That Someone Was Excited About?

ITK

the desert dwarf
Reaction score
Its better to give than to receive, so let's talk about the opposite of posting your loot here.

This Christmas I seemed to give two really exciting things to my boyfriend's parents.
1. Two days before Christmas I purchased a new car. My boyfriend's dad is a mechanic so he was thrilled to hear he is off the hook for working on my car.
2. I got them a gift card to Fogo de Chao which they were excited about because they have always wanted to go but couldn't justify the price. I also always get his aunt and uncle the same restaurant gift card as his parents and they were pretty pumped too.

Last edited:
1. my brothers and i got my parents a nice set of monogrammed cornhole boards for their mountain house. they turned out really, really well. can't wait to go play.
2. got dhtoy a juicer. he thought it was the greatest thing ever. and then i made fresh squeezed orange juice this morning, and HOLY CRAP IT IS THE GREATEST THING EVER.
3. got dhtoy a harmonica. he is not musically inclined, and has never tried to play before. but we like camping, and it's an easily portable instrument, so he wanted one. he read exactly 1 page of "harmonicas for dummies" (which i also gave him), and decided that he knew enough now to play me a "wake up!" song on christmas morning. i am now regretting my purchase.

but he loves it, so that's what's important.

We gave MtnDeacs parents framed photos from the wedding. I was quite concerned that they wouldn't like it, especially after we were told we were milking the wedding photos with our photo Christmas card, but they each loved their photos!

Reactions: ITK
We gave our parents our wedding albums, 18 months after the wedding. They were pretty stoked.

We gave my wife's brother and his wife a check for $500 that could only be cashed in order to pay for airfare to DC to visit us. They immediately bought tickets and will be here in April. Pretty excited, since my brother-in-law is awesome. He's is pretty much identical to Jase from Duck Dynasty in every way (except he lives in rural Maine rather than Louisiana), and will be a riot to take around DC.

got my brosef this watch but wrapped it in like two boxes so he thought he wasn't getting it

wore it all day yesterday

still is bitter and despises me though

Got my best friend a bottle of Jefferson Presidential Select 18. The night before I gave it to him we were at Whiskey in Durham and they had it on the menu so we both tried it for the first time. When he opened the box it was like a little kid on Christmas morning.

Reactions: ITK
Gave wife a coupon to be redeemed for a trip for 2 (I'm her guest) to New Orleans for Jazzfest in late April. Can't decide who is more excited. It will be our first time to Jazzfest.

got my son a copy of Madden 2012 and an Xbox controller so we can play it together. This is the first time he's been allowed to play an Xbox game (the kids have a Wii, the Xbox is my toy) so he's been pretty stoked. Totally hopeless at reading a defense though.

my dad always complains about how his fingers are too big for his iPad. my cousin makes pens from reclaimed wood. I combined these two things, bought a stylus tip and commissioned a custom iPad stylus for my dad. probably the most useful/cool thing I've ever given him.'

I gave my father, father-in-law, and brother-in-law Ace Hardware gift cards. They were all very excited. Ace have almost everything a man could want (our local store even has gourmet pickles).

my dad always complains about how his fingers are too big for his iPad. my cousin makes pens from reclaimed wood. I combined these two things, bought a stylus tip and commissioned a custom iPad stylus for my dad. probably the most useful/cool thing I've ever given him.'

That's pretty awesome. Great idea!

images

One of my uncles was talking about how he loves the ACC and wants the big 4 tournament to come back, and i had gotten him the dixie classic book that was recommended on the big 4 thread. He was pretty psyched.

Got my GF a customized Turkish bath robe and Lumineers tix.

i hand-drew christmas scenes w/ holiday hymn lyrics on them for jason's family and put them in frames, and then sent an envelope of 15 photos of him/oregon/us/the dog for them to use the frames the rest of the year. they went over really well.

Gave my Father-in-law the new Duck Commander book yesterday. By last night, he had read nearly all of it.

Last edited:
My brother and I got my mom and dad an iPad. They called me today because they couldn't remember the password to their Apple store account. At least they're using it...

Got my brother a cookie monster footie pajamas. He has worn them for three days

Back