• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What Gift Did You Give That Someone Was Excited About?

how old is your brother?

hahaha, awesome. if you were going to say 5, i would be all "awww" but because it's a grown dude, it's pretty funny.

As a stocking stuffer, gave my mom a dog treat launcher. Spring loaded from Sharper Image, it throws dog treats across the room for her dogs. She cracked up and immediately ran to the kitchen to get some dog treats.

As a stocking stuffer, gave my mom a dog treat launcher. Spring loaded from Sharper Image, it throws dog treats across the room for her dogs. She cracked up and immediately ran to the kitchen to get some dog treats.

Awesome.

Gave my dogs some new Chuck-It balls that whistle. They freakin love them.

Gave my brother a year subscription to XBOX Live...instead of just buying a card for it or printing out the digital code I printed out the letters and cut them in squares and made him put them in order....took him a while but he finally figured it out.

Mom got a nice electric knife sharpener and a mandoline for the kitchen

Dad got a tasting set of single malt scotches

At the family christmas party we do White Elephant and I got a bunch of different scratch off lottery tickets we split into guy gifts/girl gifts which is dumb because I always end up with like a tape measure or some kind of tool I don't need...so I usually get gifts that either gender would like...this year I couldn't think of anything so I got scratch off lottery tickets and that was the only thing that was stolen enough times to be "locked"....seemed to be a hit.

Got my nephew a stomp rocket, some puzzles and those multi-colored cardboard blocks and he really loved those

Overall I'm pretty sure all of the gifts I gave were really enjoyed...so that makes me happy :D

stomp rockets are AWESOME. excellent gift for a little cousin!

Posted this on the "loot" thread as well but I really enjoyed having my wife go on a scavenger hunt around the house in order for her to get her gifts. She had 3 hunts to go on.
1. 5 stops for a bottle of wine (from an Elkin winery)
2. 5 stops for a restaurant gift card (that serves the above wine)
3. 10 stops for a wine weekend get-away in Elkin.

As I wrote the clues for where the messages were hidden, I incorporated some of our favorite memories that we have keepsakes from.....like a picture of sea kayaking on Ocracoke, an anniversary present, the communion goblet form our wedding, our trip to Jerome, AZ, Richard Petty Driving Experience photo, etc. Lots of fun as she hunted & the kids (26 & 20) hunted in silence with her.

Posted this on the "loot" thread as well but I really enjoyed having my wife go on a scavenger hunt around the house in order for her to get her gifts. She had 3 hunts to go on.
1. 5 stops for a bottle of wine (from an Elkin winery)
2. 5 stops for a restaurant gift card (that serves the above wine)
3. 10 stops for a wine weekend get-away in Elkin.

As I wrote the clues for where the messages were hidden, I incorporated some of our favorite memories that we have keepsakes from.....like a picture of sea kayaking on Ocracoke, an anniversary present, the communion goblet form our wedding, our trip to Jerome, AZ, Richard Petty Driving Experience photo, etc. Lots of fun as she hunted & the kids (26 & 20) hunted in silence with her.

That's cool....one of my best memories of Christmas as a kid was when my parents made us go on a HUGE scavenger hunt/treasure hunt for our Nintendo 64....good times

It's a lot of fun making someone work for their gift...I remember getting a $100 bill encased in a little plastic maze toy where you move a marble all around the case and when you get to the end you press where the marble is and the money pops out

We gave my mother-in-law an iPhone printer where it doesn't have to be connected to a computer at all. You just dock your iPhone and hit print basically (almost as instantaneous as a Poloroid). She's pretty excited about it since she has been wanting to be able to do something with her iPhone photos.

For my parents we gave them the ice cream maker attachment for their Kitchenaid mixer and also made a personalized ice cream recipe book to go along with it (where we hand picked out recipes for all of their favorite flavors).

I got my genius little cousins a board game called 'Mind-Flex Duel' which uses brain waves to lift and push a ball through hoops, or tug of war. My wife's whole family of like 30 all took turns playing it because it's the coolest game ever.

New everyday china, silverware, and a fancy trash can for Mrs. BSD's mom.

It was pretty cool setting up a new blu-ray player for my dad. He was super pumped to watch Talladega Nights, and later he was blasting AC/DC on Pandora.

I gave my wife, ok, us :) 2 tickets to a George Strait concert. There probably aren't many country music fans here, but we are, at least of the previous era country singers.

I gave my wife, ok, us :) 2 tickets to a George Strait concert. There probably aren't many country music fans here, but we are, at least of the previous era country singers.

I'm going with my sister in March. Since I work from home I was ordered to get the tickets as soon as they went up for sale..

My sister asked my dad to do her financial aid stuffs for med school. He made up stating she would receive $0 financial aid. She freaked out and was like I'm not getting any financial aid what the fuck I'll be broke forever. He calmly said, you aren't getting any aid because we're paying for it, you earned it.

Back