• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What happens if the players march into Wellman's office...

TheNines

Reaction score
What does Ron do if C.J. and Travis get the entire team to walk into Wellman's office and put their jerseys on his desk, Rudy style...and say they will not play or practice another minute until Buzz is gone? Wellman has to fire him right? Or does he show up in Reynolds looking for the best intramural players he can find to further prove that he is above reproach?

The players surely hate playing for this guy, right? Normally, I would never suggest that this would be the appropriate course of action as it shows a complete lack of respect for authority and also sets a terrible precedent for future Wake athletes who happen to dislike their coach on any given day. However, desperate times call for desperate measures, and neither Ron nor Buzz has done anything in 3 years to deserve ANY respect, as far as I can tell.

We can write all the letters and emails we want, we can try to get the stories to the press, we can quit going to games, and the big donors can stop giving. But it has become clear that none of that matters to Ron Wellman. It isn't going to change anything.

The thought of Buzz around for another year is unbearable. He needs to be fired TODAY. This is the only way that I see that happening.

The thought of Buzz around for another year is unbearable. He needs to be fired TODAY. This is the only way that I see that happening.

If there was anyone that still thought Wellman would fire Bz in the middle of the season, this censorship ought to put that issue to rest. Bz is not going anywhere during the season. Bz might not be gone at the end of the season. I'm beginning to think that an extension is coming.

They lose their scholarships, they lose their education, and transfer possibilities become less plausible when word gets out they threw their coach under the bus.

The players have quickly become the "children" in a very messy divorce between the "parents" (Wellman vs. alums and fans).

Thus, no need to involve the kids.

I don't think there's going to be an extension. I think Wellman will go with a lame duck coach next year. We took a huge class this year so the 2014 class isn't that important, Wellman can't extend given fan sentiment and results. He also won't fire midseason.

They lose their scholarships, they lose their education, and transfer possibilities become less plausible when word gets out they threw their coach under the bus.

Yep. CJ and Travis be branded as quitters and examples of the culture that had to be purged by getting rid of Dino.

We can only hope Hatch and the BOT get rid of Wellman and Bz and the new AD makes a great hire and lights a fire under Grobe's seat.

Forget the players, how about the students/fans storm into Wellman's office?

Good point. And I am probably greatly overestimating the players' dislike for him based on my dislike for him. I know it will never happen but it would be awesome if it did.

Good point. And I am probably greatly overestimating the players' dislike for him based on my dislike for him. I know it will never happen but it would be awesome if it did.

The new players have faith in him (publicly, at least.) The sophs are probably beginning to hate him. Its not even a question that CJ and Travis hate him.

Yeah, I'm sure the freshmen still like Bzzz. I mean, they're getting good playing time as freshmen at an ACC school.

Yep. CJ and Travis be branded as quitters and examples of the culture that had to be purged by getting rid of Dino.

We can only hope Hatch and the BOT get rid of Wellman and Bz and the new AD makes a great hire and lights a fire under Grobe's seat.

It was shocking how quick they turned on CJ and TM on TOS before they became buzzout about 2 days later.

BSD has been raising all kinds of havoc with those guys on premium. He is a hero for truth and justice.

They really don't like it when fantasy land is forced to confront reality.

Back