• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What if Scotch Was Bz's Preferred Drink?

DirkTheDeac

Lord of the Board
Reaction score
Would that change your mind about the guy?

Last edited:
I don't think it really mattered. Travis is still the second best offensive player on the team this year behind Coron (as far as efficiency goes).

Do you think he was named captain on the bus ride up to B'Burg? NOPE We have to get this effort out of Travis night in, night out and we all know it. Hopefully Travis has finally figured it out!! He is responsible for the legacy he leaves at Wake and if he does what he is capable of doing the rest of the season, he will be long remembered as a great player!!

What if he went to Clemson instead? There was an outside shot of landing him, and Brownell could have done a hell of a lot more with him....

What if he went to Clemson instead? There was an outside shot of landing him, and Brownell could have done a hell of a lot more with him....

I think you guys could use Codi more than Travis in terms of your almost gets.

Bzz sucks, but I'm not overly impressed with what Brownell has done since he's been at Clemson.

The decision to not name him captain was Bzzz not wanting to piss off the rest of the team, who don't care much for McKie.

The decision to not name him captain was Bzzz not wanting to piss off the rest of the team, who don't care much for McKie.

To me, the whole question of "Would making McKie a team captain have affected his effort, and if so, then why isn't he a captain?" kind of answers itself. If he isn't playing hard because he is not a captain, then he is clearly not captain material.

Edited to say: I respect Travis for sticking it out for 4 years. I don't think he is slacking because he didn't get captain, I was simply answering the question posed by OP. Hopefully the Travis we saw last night will be the Travis we see for the rest of the season. :dancindeac:

Last edited:
To me, the whole question of "Is McKie slacking off because he is not a team captain?" kind of answers itself. If he isn't playing hard because he is not a captain, then he is clearly not captain material.

I give him a pass...he's the only player in history to play for 4 years under Buzz and he's spent 4 years as one of the best players on a team that's the doormat of the ACC (and of the NCAA in previous seasons). There's no telling what that can do to a man and there's only so much that can be overcome. We saw flashes of excellence early on before Buzz's poison had fully sunk in. If anything, Travis has the exact type of attitude that you'd expect Buzz to develop in his players.

Last edited:
McKie deserves to be the freaking President of the U S of A for having to endure 4 years of this Bzzaster let alone team captain!;)

McKie deserves to be the freaking President of the U S of A for having to endure 4 years of this Bzzaster let alone team captain!

Seriously. I think about how hard 4 years of Buzz has been for ME to endure. Could you imagine dealing with the man as your "boss" nearly every day of the last 4 years?

Seriously. I think about how hard 4 years of Buzz has been for ME to endure. Could you imagine dealing with the man as your "boss" nearly every day of the last 4 years?

Unimaginable. I've left jobs in the past for having to work for much less of a noob than Bzz.

Holy shit, that is a horrendous thought....

Eh, we'd probably be worse in the short and long run with McKie as captain. Our younger, better players would defer too much to him. The guy should get a thank u letter from all of us for what he's had to bare the last 4 years, but he's not a leader on the court.

Good grief, if I didn't have any of my college debt for 'enduring' playing in the ACC for a bad coach- I'd take that deal everyday!

Eh, we'd probably be worse in the short and long run with McKie as captain. Our younger, better players would defer too much to him. The guy should get a thank u letter from all of us for what he's had to bare the last 4 years, but he's not a leader on the court.

I did not know about this.

Back