• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is most important to you in a head basketball coach

I've heard this from quite a few sources close to in-state recruits (though not in terms of any of our 2012 commits), but I still think the Tyler Lewis recruitment was the most bungled, head-scratching and questionable, and representative of [Redacted]'s recruiting-fails [though I don't want to open this can of worms again - there's an awful lot to this story that remains mis-represented and/or unclear]. I obviously see this as a problem, where many (generously, IMO) chalk it up to him being a "weirdo" or an idiosyncrasy. What's undeniable is that the same sentiments pop up in off-the-record exchanges and in rumors on the recruiting trail regarding [Redacted] as a recruiter.

I don't know if somebody else wants to weigh in on this.
So do you have something or not?

So do you have something or not?

How can I state this any clearer? Jeff [Redacted]'s personality has been, at the very least, an oddity, and, at very most, a hindrance on the recruiting trail. I'm hesitant to post details from the recruitments that I do know about because many details were told to me in confidence, but like I originally posted, it's a legitimate issue. These issues are not limited to the Tyler Lewis recruitment, either: other recruits and their families have shared these sentiments. You're free to respond to that in any way that you like, but I'm just sharing with you what I've heard, which I've posted here before (to similar derision), but a point that keeps on getting validated third-hand on the recruiting thread.

You're welcome to take that as you will, or continue to believe that our coach is a halfway decent recruiter, separate from his assistants. Either way won't actually change the reality of the situation.

Ok, I agree. He's a bad recruiter. I thought you were inferring there was more to it than his lack of personality/coming across as a dope.

Ok, I agree. He's a bad recruiter. I thought you were inferring there was more to it than his lack of personality/coming across as a dope.

No, that was the point I was initially elaborating: that his personality really affects his recruiting ability and that recruits and their families have observed this (though this didn't seem to have any affect whatsoever on Shelton, according to tigerswood). Simply to say that it's been a problem throughout his time here, not merely in regards to Copeland or in the case of Tyler Lewis.

Back