• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the BEST Kanye West album?

?

• Total voters
Random thoughts...

-Whenever I see the Graduation artwork I always think of Jay Patel and Jacob Martin's Wake Radio show.

-Best (worst?) lyric is "Standing at my podium I'm trying to watch my sodium" by Jeezy on 'Amazing'.
Haha Jay Patel

There was definitely evidence of it early in his career. After College Dropout leaked a couple months before it was set to release, he reworked every song and you can really hear the minute details and the difference it made. I think he has passed off a bit of the production role to the massive team of producers he takes on nowadays, but from all reports, he's there for the mixing and is a late night studio guy. He comes across as a big picture instead of details guy, but all reports seem otherwise.

I was between College Dropout and Late Registration but I voted Late Registration mainly due to timing. It came out right when I started at Wake. I remember hearing it blasting in dorm rooms and it seemed like everyone had the bear in the doors as their Facebook picture as they started classes.

This is me with Graduation... WBUL at USF would play "Good Morning" on a loudspeaker on the other side of campus at like 7:55 AM that I could hear while running to 8AM calc.

My 60s white mom likes "College Dropout" because she worked in academia for 20 years and she gets it. I voted "College Dropout" because that one relates to a wider audience then your typical rap fan so long as they give it a fair shot.

For the record, I think Kanye West is a genius.

College Dropout came out during the home stretch of my dissertation. I listened to it on heavy rotation along with The Black Album and The Love Below/Speakerboxx.

Late Registration came out my first week as a professor. I still remember pumping "We Major" driving around with one of my best friends who I had just met at new faculty orientation a few weeks before. Hard to believe that was 8 years ago.

Just because I'm drunk, and for shits and giggles, I'm gonna rate Ye's albums, while not including Yeezus, because it's still too fresh for me to give it a proper rating in terms of his canon of work.

1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
2. Late Registration
3. 808's & Heartbreaks
4. College Dropout
5. Watch the Throne
6. Graduation

If I was forced I'd put Yeezus at 2 or 3.

College Dropout just blew my mind because, content wise, it felt so DIFFERENT from everyone else. I give that a slight edge over MBDTF, although that album is incredible. But I like all of his albums (808 and Throne a little less than the others) and generally wear them out.

Will I do that with Yeezus? I haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet.

I don't know if college dropout has one bad song. That whole album is just jam after jam after jam.

Not only that. It has one of the strongest endings as well. The last four tracks are excellent. The last three tell his story, and blend well together.

Back