• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the greatest invention in the history of mankind?

right, we didn't invent the rocks that were there to be made into arrowheads or spearheads or whatever but we did use the naturally occurring elements and harness them and make them into sweet things

Human, and even pre-human hominid use of fire probably happened long before the ability to make fire. The tending of fire and the need to keep feeding it wood or other fuel may have contributed to the development of more settled, less mobile groups.Loss of fire might mean the end of a family or tribal group. It is much easier to bring wood to a fire than to transport an ongoing fire. A flaming stick or glowing ember can only last so long before it needs to be rebuilt into a fire.

Human, and even pre-human hominid use of fire probably happened long before the ability to make fire. The tending of fire and the need to keep feeding it wood or other fuel may have contributed to the development of more settled, less mobile groups.Loss of fire might mean the end of a family or tribal group. It is much easier to bring wood to a fire than to transport an ongoing fire. A flaming stick or glowing ember can only last so long before it needs to be rebuilt into a fire.

Exactly ! Taking some time, but slowly you guys are getting it and starting to accept that fire is the obvious answer.

If sex was never invented then none of this matters.

Sex has been around long, long, long before mankind, even before primates. It is hardly a human invention. (or do I need to recalibrate my tongue in cheek meter?)

Sex has been around long, long, long before mankind, even before primates. It is hardly a human invention. (or do I need to recalibrate my tongue in cheek meter?)

This. The process or product must be developed or harnessed by humans.

Say hey deac mentioning the fleshlight has been his best post on this thread

Back