• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the scariest movie ever made?

Easily, this.

Have you watched it with the alternate ending (which I think is included in most of the DVD/BluRay releases)? Undoes a bit of the damage from the corny final cut...

I'd also like to second Event Horizon. Good lord. I haven't seen it in awhile, but I remember watching with a friend in his basement in the middle of the Lewisville sticks and almost losing it.

Trilogy of Terror scared the living shit out of me when I was a kid, especially the doll bit:

I also dig the original Halloween. It still gets to me.

If you're into something that takes itself much less seriously, Drag Me To Hell is a classic (as are pretty much all of Sam Raimi and Peter Jackson's pre-sellout horror flicks). There are a ton of great campy horror flicks. Any of the Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street movies come to mind. Maybe I'm too young to get it, but I always thought those movies were hilarious.

OK, I watched all 8 mins of that, which is a very slow buildup but there is no payoff. So presumably the doll comes to life?

Back