• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is wrong with the band?

pinochadeac

Reaction score
Someone go unplug that $10 speaker that they are using. All we hear is crackles.

speaking of marching bands, anyone see that kid trip down the stairs on sports center and break his trumpet in half -

Sounds great in section 2...much better than least year through the video board. And those are most definitely not cheap speakers.

The speakers were definitely not broken, they sounded good on TV. They were certainly more than 10$ speakers, not surprising Pinocha is pointing out flaws.

From section 8 all you could hear was snap, crackle, pop. It sounded like they were overloading a speaker and reminded me of when the cheerleaders used to have their own little PA system. It actually got less noticeable towards the end if the game. Anyway, I was trying to be helpful with this thread. It would be awesome to get them a mic to the scoreboard sound system.

Numbers, you sir are out of your element. Stick with defending [Redacted] or make an effort to attend the games in person.

It would be awesome to get them a mic to the scoreboard sound system.

While it is louder when pumped through the scoreboard, it is actually worse. There is a delay that overlaps the real time music of the band and it is too strange to look at the band in one section while hearing the music come form another direction.

From section 8 all you could hear was snap, crackle, pop. It sounded like they were overloading a speaker and reminded me of when the cheerleaders used to have their own little PA system. It actually got less noticeable towards the end if the game. Anyway, I was trying to be helpful with this thread. It would be awesome to get them a mic to the scoreboard sound system.

Numbers, you sir are out of your element. Stick with defending [Redacted] or make an effort to attend the games in person.

What is wrong with the Pinochadeac? During an exciting win over UNC his only thought is to criticize the band? And naturally thinks he is being helpful! I get the feeling that if you said "Good morning" to Pinochadeac, he would yell "WHAT THE HELL IS SO GOOD ABOUT IT?". :rulz:

I don't think I've ever defended [Redacted] once on these boards. I also had no chance to make it to the game yesterday since I live 14 hours away.

I kinda figured there was some water that got somewhere it shouldn't in the audio system.

regrettably, the 330 start time interfered with the hopscotch festival in raleigh. i enjoyed it via the television box.

Have you updated to a color TV? Or do you still watch Gilligan's Island reruns on a black and white screen while yelling curses at the Baptists for killing Bob Denver?

The speakers did not sound that way during the Liberty game. We were alerted of the crackling sounds during the second quarter and worked the rest of the game to fix it as much as possible. The downpour that caused the delayed start of the game probably had something to do with it this week.

Speaking of technical problems, what's wrong with the new video board? There are hundreds of pixels stuck on red. It looked like the board had a bad case of zits.

I'm confused as to why the thread is titled "What is wrong with the band?" when it was clearly an electrical/circuit issue, and the band wasn't what was actually crackling.

Back