• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is wrong with the band?

In section 2 we get sound directly from the band first, then a second later repeated through the speakers. It's kind of annoying. Not as bad as everything they air on the big screen though - nothing ever syncs up, is it so hard to delay the video by 1s so the audio can catch up?

In section 2 we get sound directly from the band first, then a second later repeated through the speakers. It's kind of annoying. Not as bad as everything they air on the big screen though - nothing ever syncs up, is it so hard to delay the video by 1s so the audio can catch up?

It's 1000's times better than last year when the band was piped through the video board and there was a few tenths delay between the actual band sound and the amplified sound from the board. I'm in section 2 and I hardly notice the difference this year save for the fact that the band is louder. In fact, I didn't notice the difference from a timing issue...considering the band and speakers are essentially in the same place, I'd be surprised if you can hear much of a difference between the two. There's very little timing delay as the sound runs through the cables, amps, speakers. Maybe you were picking up some sound waves bouncing around from somewhere else in the stadium?

There's nothing you can do about the video/sound from the board since everyone in the stadium is locating a different distance from the source. The difference in what you see/hear over that short of a distance is less than 4/10ths a second.

definitely heard the crackling in section 4. Sounded like shortage in speaker wire.

Back