• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your biggest regret?

when i started grad school, i said that at the end if i was unattached i would thru-hike.

didn't happen.

hopefully some day it will.

Indeed, A Walk in the Woods. True story: the night I met my wife, we had a bonding moment over the fact we had both recently read and enjoyed that book.

I'm under the impression, however, it is not really 100% complete. I know I worked with a town in the Triangle that was working hard to secure greenway for the trail, probably harder than most in this area.

I'm under the impression, however, it is not really 100% complete. I know I worked with a town in the Triangle that was working hard to secure greenway for the trail, probably harder than most in this area.

I think a good portion of it is still bike paths on the shoulders of roads, especially in Eastern NC.

I think a good portion of it is still bike paths on the shoulders of roads, especially in Eastern NC.

Cool. Well, we're doing our part here in the Triangle. It is at times pretty difficult for these local governments to secure land.

A Walk in the Woods was great but I haven't read it in a while. If I lose power for a couple days I could probably throw it in the queue and tackle it

My next door neighbor is getting mighty sick. I was blowing the leaves out of his yard this weekend and thought of this thread and would like to add that I regret not taking the time to sit down with him more often and just chat. He is a self made man who gave a lot of his early years to this country, I bet I could have learned a thing or two from listening to him.

i biked that. it was awesome. highly recommended.

the TN border on 421 to Kitty Hawk (wright brothers memorial) took 5 leisurely days.

I might plan on that. I'm probably getting a bike for Christmas.

That could be a fun Pit adventure in the next couple years. Get a dozen or so of us together and make the trip. 5 days really isnt that long, and if you plan it around a holiday then it'll be even less days to take off.

Studying too much and focusing on academics in college.

Missed out on a lot of boozing, banging, etc.

I'm the opposite. Had I spent more time in the books and less time boozing and chasing tail, I might have had more options post college than just getting a job.

Back