• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your greatest athletic achievement?

Buckets, its a lot easier to be all state in a 1A conference or private league than a 4A league.

For me (1A high school) we won the state tourney in golf my junior and senior year. Shot a 32 on the back side of regionals my senior year to get us into states. Was also all-conference 3 of 4 years.

In soccer I ended my hs career as the schools all time leading scorer but it was only at about 15 goals total, we were awful haha.

Unfortunately I lived in the golf mecca of neighboorhoods in surry county so I was the third best golfer on the block. My younger bro won individual states as a soph and our neighboor won individuals as a junior and senior and was offered a prefered walkon spot at FSU. The only reason I got any state rings was cause those two rolled into hs my junior year haha.

Buckets, its a lot easier to be all state in a 1A conference or private league than a 4A league.

For me (1A high school) we won the state tourney in golf my junior and senior year. Shot a 32 on the back side of regionals my senior year to get us into states. Was also all-conference 3 of 4 years.

In soccer I ended my hs career as the schools all time leading scorer but it was only at about 15 goals total, we were awful haha.

Unfortunately I lived in the golf mecca of neighboorhoods in surry county so I was the third best golfer on the block. My younger bro won individual states as a soph and our neighboor won individuals as a junior and senior and was offered a prefered walkon spot at FSU. The only reason I got any state rings was cause those two rolled into hs my junior year haha.

So true about the difference in 1A and 4A. Even more difference in private (sucky) schools and 4A.

We were a decent 4A school in HS and finally just quit scheduling the private schools around because they sucked so bad.

I don't know if it's my greatest, but my most memorable was blocking JR Reynolds' shot in high school during the state championship game.

Led the conference in INTs my senior year in High School (8) and helped break a team INT season record (19).

We went 10-0 but lost in the second round of the playoffs (our high school's MO)

I also hold our HS football team's pound for pound weightlifting record (7.4 * body weight over squat, power clean, bench and incline).

Last edited:
Back