• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your greatest athletic achievement?

Coach O

Reaction score
Hole in one? 4 TD's for Polk High in ONE game to clinch the City Championship? 40 Pts in an intramural hoops game? Participation trophy from when you played 7 year old pee wee soccer?

Last edited:
Scored from midfield for Reynolds. That was pretty cool.

Besides playing 2 mins on a Intramural Championship Basketball team?

Probably pitching a complete game 2 hitter in Varsity HS baseball (didn't strike a guy out either, weirdest game ever).

Scored a "fat man" touchdown on defense once on JV (I was center on offense and a def lineman on D, picked up a fumble and rumbled around 20 yards for a TD).

beating the shit out of the rich catholic schools in lacrosse

I hit 5 threes in an aau game... much like that autistic kid a couple years (although that was not me)

Was a member of the 4A state champion x-country team in NC.

I hit 5 threes in an aau game... much like that autistic kid a couple years (although that was not me)

I beat buckets in a race through one of those inflatable obstacle courses once.

scored a lacrosse goal going left (I'm right-handed) after separating my ac joint. finally pain got too bad, had to come off the field and when I took my pads off my shoulder was pretty gnarly looking.

Hitting four infield singles in one game ala Ichiro or striking out 8 in this fall ball league I played.

Or my inside the park homer...that was pretty cool.

Most badass was taking a liner RIGHT off my left hand when I was pitching, picking it up with said hand (which was broken), tossing it to first for the out, walking off the mound and driving myself right to the hospital.

during the holiday festival HS hoops tourney in raleigh over christmas in 1989 (featuring rodney, penny hardaway and shawn bradley), i hit a 3 pointer at halftime during one of the games to win 2 round trip tickets to san juan. they pulled my dad's ticket stub, i said "give it to me, i got this," went out there and drained it.

Besides playing 2 mins on a Intramural Championship Basketball team?

Probably pitching a complete game 2 hitter in Varsity HS baseball (didn't strike a guy out either, weirdest game ever).

Scored a "fat man" touchdown on defense once on JV (I was center on offense and a def lineman on D, picked up a fumble and rumbled around 20 yards for a TD).

all luck bro you gotta miss some bats

Got a hole in one at Tanglewood par 3 course. Hole #3, 75 yards. I had been playing golf for about 2 years at that point.

I went like 8-8 or 9-9 or something ridiculous once at the beginning of an AAU game. They were all 3s or very long 2s, all jumpers.

It was the only HS bball game my grandma ever saw me play, so that was pretty cool.

My sophomore year in high school I won a JV wrestling tournament in the 152 pound division. At the end of the season I took 4th place in a Varsity tournament in the 160 division. At that point I probably only weighed 145 pounds. I had to eat a ton to be able to wrestle up. I was not a popular person on that team. I would have made the finals but some dickhead cheated and was grabbing onto my knee pads to keep menfrom pinning him. My next door neighbor beat me in the third place match by a couple of points.

I finished a 10K without dying.

Also I can ski double blacks in the Rockies (although I'm getting too old for that shit now).

That's all I got.:rulz:

Back