• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What ive heard...........................

Not discounting what Childressfor3 heard and appreciate the info, but it seems like that asking 3 players to leave would be the decision of the incoming coaching staff. I guess it is possible that an agreement has been made with a new hire and that was the new coach's request, but that seems unlikely. Interesting info, nonetheless.

Also, why would the AD tell players to transfer? That seems like it'd be a head coaching decision.
Maybe Wellman is hearing the big class is a problem from potential coaches and is taking the hit so the new coach doesn't have to. It's totally believable that some people have heard the news ahead of others too.

We've already discussed the worst case scenario of hiring a ring-kisser like Turner who would keep Rusty and Randolph on staff...

Gotta keep the good ole boys network nice and tight.

This is the worst case scenario & sadly what I feel is the likely scenario. Wait until Turner beats a very uninspired SMU team on Wednesday and RW gets to roll with his post season success. No coach on your top 10 D-Day list is going to allow an AD to lay out 2 of his assistants in order to coach for Wake. The entire program was toxic so start from scratch RON!!

I never understood why people attack a long time poster for posting info that he has heard. Is it legit? Who knows but it is not like he is a troll that none of us know. He is a poster that has been around for years. If you don't like / believe his info no need to attack the guy.

Maybe Wellman is hearing the big class is a problem from potential coaches and is taking the hit so the new coach doesn't have to. It's totally believable that some people have heard the news ahead of others too.

Bingo. Damn some people on here think they are so smart, lol.

No good coach will take our job if they are forced to keep any assistants. This would be terrible news.

Pretty messed up to ask kids to transfer that have accepted and scholarship and have had to play for Bz for two years

Hope that isn't true, would show a real lack of character on part of the AD and administration

You kept Bz and let him give scholarships to non-ACC caliber players, now honor those scholarships

No good coach will take our job if they are forced to keep any assistants. This would be terrible news.

I have no problem if they are asked to stay in the AD and given a shot to interview for assistant jobs.

Shaping up to be a very contentious thread...

I never understood why people attack a long time poster for posting info that he has heard. Is it legit? Who knows but it is not like he is a troll that none of us know. He is a poster that has been around for years. If you don't like / believe his info no need to attack the guy.

Thanks skins, we go back to the old boards a long time ago. While I don't post everyday and start a crap load of threads, you can bet I read everyday and have so for years. I just like to let fellow fans know what I know. While I do like this board their has to be a ton of kids on here, that frankly doesn't know anything.

Pretty messed up to ask kids to transfer that have accepted and scholarship and have had to play for Bz for two years

Hope that isn't true, would show a real lack of character on part of the AD and administration

You kept Bz and let him give scholarships to non-ACC caliber players, now honor those scholarships

This is another part of the story that doesn't make sense. How does anyone know which players the new will want to keep?

To tell a coach you don't want him to keep Player X or Player Y is a guarantee that coach will never take the job.

I have no problem if they are asked to stay in the AD and given a shot to interview for assistant jobs.

Agreed. If some reason the new coach actually wants either of them on staff, then it should be his right to keep them. The key word is wants.

Childress - At least for me, I'm not poking holes in the substantive information you're passing along, but questioning why it is that players' parents would know but not the players themselves. Seems like the former would only know if the latter did.

As far as Rusty or Chill staying on as assistants on the next staff, I'd be shocked if Wellman didn't encourage or suggest to the new head coach to at least consider our outgoing assistants in putting together his or her new staff. I think that's pretty standard operating procedure.

Completely uninformed, wild ass guess on my part: Maybe we should be putting 2+2 together with respect to this info and what others have posted about their being "culture" problems under Bz, but they were covered up to protect the narrative.

I remember when Wellman praised Madison last year as an example of an under-the-radar player that was exceeding expectations.

I think what the OP meant with his post is that the players, like the rest of us, have heard rumors. They have passed those rumors along to their parents. However, the players have not been formally told anything yet. It's possible, even if the original wording seemed off.

Back