• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What magazines do you subscribe to?

Paper subscription is clutch. Started subscribing to the W-SJ when I was a frosh at WF and never stopped. Amazing, considering how relatively crappy the paper is. 10% of it is redeeming, however. I scan every page of the paper (all 28 on M, Tu) every morning.

Wired (gone down hill IMO but I've had a gift subscription for what seems like a decade)
GQ
Esquire (both of these you can subscribe to for like 5 bucks a year. Hard to say no)

Was a long term ESPN subscriber but I gave it to my brother

I also subscribe to my local newspaper (Washington Post) which is probably rare for most 23 year olds

Paid (Groupons):
Washingtonian
Washington Post Sunday

Free/Gifts:
Simple & Delicious (from Mom)
Smithsonian (from Mom)
Martha Stewart Living (still no idea why I get this one)

ETA age - 30

Agree 100%. I do like looking at the watches to see what is out there. Also, I will always pay attention to any of the "make sure you eat at X if you are in city Y" suggestions. It is also nice knowing all of the different places that I can have fractional private jet ownership, you know, just in case... :tard:

And I also like the reviews of the private islands you can rent out for the low low price of $50,000 per week. Thanks AmEX, maybe I'll check one of those out next summer!

Esquire
SI
Georgia Trend
Numerous trade / alumni / religious / fraternal magazines
I randomly get Essence and Martha Stewart Living sent to my office for free but don't read them - does that happen to anybody else here?

40 subscriptions to Vibe.

21461_1214501879138_500_263.jpg

Good evening Sir, my name is Steve. I come from a rough area. I used to be addicted to crack but now I am off it and trying to stay clean. That is why I am selling magazine subscriptions.

National Geographic
Roommate gets the Economist, which I read

HP, how'd you swing the free New Yorker and Atlantic? Thinking about getting one of those or Harper's.

National Geographic
Roommate gets the Economist, which I read

HP, how'd you swing the free New Yorker and Atlantic? Thinking about getting one of those or Harper's.

Wife is a media buyer. She gets basically every magazine in the world sent to her for free at work. She gets a few of them that she actually likes sent to the house as well. I benefit.

I get Sports Business Journal which is really good.

I read popular mechanics and popular science each month. I've become bored by SI, ESPN, and Sporting News. All the important info is online anyway.

Local newspaper (Greensboro News & Record). It is crap, but the subscription manager is my backyard neighbor and at least they keep an eye on the city council and county commissioners.

This Old House.

I read pretty much everything SI, Time, the Atlantic, and the Economist will let me have for free online.

They definitely bore me as well. But for random airline miles freebies, I'd definitely pass.

I get Sports Business Journal which is really good.

I read popular mechanics and popular science each month. I've become bored by SI, ESPN, and Sporting News. All the important info is online anyway.

Hotel Architecture
Doors and Windows
Party Drugs Quarterly
Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Illustrated
Blacks on Blondes
Modern Criminal Defense
Bros Before Hoes Weekly

ESPN - Although I won't be renewing. I can count on one hand the number of interesting articles I've read in it over the past 10 months.
Real Simple - Wife

Age 26

Cigar Aficionado will probably be in the near future. I've always enjoyed reading those at friends' houses.

Back