• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What rounds will Boogie, Sage, & Newman get drafted?

Bills didn't activate Zack Moss, either, and got steamrolled on the ground. Weird things happening over in Buffalo.

We actually didn't get steamrolled on the ground. Najee Harris had 16 carries for only 45 yards. As a team the Steelers only had 75 yards and only 252 total yards.

That wasn't the problem. The problem was the Bills' inability to pass block, a terrible red zone performance, and a blocked punt that the Steelers returned for a TD.

Butler was active because Star has a calf injury. Addison actually had an OK game.

As for Boogie...I'm bummed that he was inactive for game 1, but Epenesa was in active for last year's first game and he, too was a second rounder - and we didn't have a first. Keep in mind that the Bills drafted another DE in the first round this year. It's a numbers game. He'll get his chance.

Well, the Steelers rushed for 75 yards for the game and averaged 3.6 ypc.... Not exactly steamrolling on the ground, but perhaps, your definition is different than everyone else. The Steelers offense did nothing. They had 255 total yards for the game and averaged 4.6 yards per play. The Steelers won because they blocked a punt for a TD, and TJ Watt caused a fumble and lots of other havoc. It was a typical ugly Steelers victory.

Didn't see this post, perfectly summarized. This game was eerily similar to last year's Bills-Steelers game; the difference, of course, was that the Bills had a pick 6 last year and the Steelers turned the tables this year with the blocked punt.

Well, the Steelers rushed for 75 yards for the game and averaged 3.6 ypc.... Not exactly steamrolling on the ground, but perhaps, your definition is different than everyone else. The Steelers offense did nothing. They had 255 total yards for the game and averaged 4.6 yards per play. The Steelers won because they blocked a punt for a TD, and TJ Watt caused a fumble and lots of other havoc. It was a typical ugly Steelers victory.

Steelers gained 200 yards and scored every time they had the ball in the second half. Their offense was non-existent in the first half.

Lions cut Surratt back on September 10th. Pretty surprised nobody noticed.

Lions cut Surratt back on September 10th. Pretty surprised nobody noticed.

Their website lists his release from the practice squad yesterday, September 15th. Date doesn't really matter, just sucks that he was cut. Hopefully he'll find a new (better) home.

I gotta say, I understand and respect Sage's decision. But in hindsight, that decision cost him his career. I feel like every Wake in recent memory who has made a risky decision has really experienced the worst case scenario in consequence.

Scotty Washington isn't on the Bengals practice squad anymore either. Dortch is still on the Cardinals roster.

All those WRs getting NFL looks and Hinton is the one that makes an active roster at WR.

Scotty Washington isn't on the Bengals practice squad anymore either. Dortch is still on the Cardinals roster.

All those WRs getting NFL looks and Hinton is the one that makes an active roster at WR.

There is not much cachet leaving early from dear old WF for an NFL career. It will rarely be a good move. These guys need the final year to further develop talent-wise and mentally. Hinton matured mentally and gained tremendous experience gutting it out at the college level with a lot of athletic ability. Any kid and family hooking up with an agent and making a move before the final year is taking a really huge risk. Hopefully, this will be understood for awhile.

There is not much cachet leaving early from dear old WF for an NFL career. It will rarely be a good move. These guys need the final year to further develop talent-wise and mentally. Hinton matured mentally and gained tremendous experience gutting it out at the college level with a lot of athletic ability. Any kid and family hooking up with an agent and making a move before the final year is taking a really huge risk. Hopefully, this will be understood for awhile.

Each case needs to judged individually. You can say that Dortch leaving early is a mistake, but he has collected NFL paychecks over the last few years and is still getting paid. Similarly, while it wasn't the planned career path, Sage is getting paid about 10K a week by the Lions right now. Those are the only two that left WF early for the NFL in recent years; even though neither one is "killing it", hard to say the decision was a disaster.

I gotta say, I understand and respect Sage's decision. But in hindsight, that decision cost him his career. I feel like every Wake in recent memory who has made a risky decision has really experienced the worst case scenario in consequence.

I don't know -- I don't think the NFL is too worried about what college players did last year when making their practice squad decisions

if he could play, he would find a spot

unless your take is that by taking a year off he harmed his development and that his ability to play WR suffered, not just his exposure/esteem in the eyes of the NFL

Bates is the only one I can think of who it worked out for. I think Hinton is probably where he is because he stayed at Wake.

Sage and Dortch didn't meet their goals of getting drafted, making an NFL active roster, and having an NFL career. Their decisions didn't work out.

The argue about Dortch at the time was that he couldn't get any taller. But what I saw in the two preseason games that impressed the Cardinals is that he looks much stronger than he did at Wake and was much more capable of making plays in a crowd and absorbing contact. Who's to say he couldn't have done that at Wake and been a much more impressive prospect.

After a year away from football, Sage ran a very slow 40 at Wake Pro Day. Gotta think that's what did him in. I doubt he would have made a practice squad for another team. Detroit's WR corps looks like a practice squad. Maybe if things went differently, Clawson and Ruggeiro look at the WR depth and ask Sage to put on 25 lbs and move to TE. Maybe that's where he could have had an NFL future.

Scotty Washington was a project with height but not elite athleticism. He turned into a good player who could win 50-50 balls on the sidelines. I think he did about as good as he could have done to make a practice squad last year.

Bachman was a good possession WR who could make plays. I didn't expect him to have an NFL future and he also did about as good as he could have done.

Hinton at WR was really impressive and improved from week to week. He had that one play where he contorted himself to make a catch in the middle of the field that looked like an NFL play.

The NFL doesn't work out for everybody. This is an impressive lineup of good college WRs and hopefully we keep it going. I think Roberson is going to get drafted next year and we'll see if he makes an active roster.

Last edited:
will never understand Sage's decision to run that 40 coming off of surgery; the time should not have been a surprise to him

Haven't been following this thread, but feels like NFL skill position players (WR/RB) are about a dime a dozen... Aside from the elite of the elite, of course.

You either take advantage of your opportunity or you don't.

Surratt was a beast at Wake, but I'm not surprised his lack of speed is keeping him from being an NFL player.

Back