• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What teams, aside from your favorites, do you pull for?

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed but I don't recall seeing it recently and was thinking about it in the office this morning. What teams do you find yourself receptive to, even though they aren't your #1?

I don't have particularly many, and have somehow ended up with a soft spot for Baltimore, of all places.

NFL: Redskins fan but find myself leaning for the Packers and the Ravens when I see them on TV. I think I like Rodgers and that they're owned by the fans. Always enjoyed watching the Ravens compete against the Steelers and the Pats.

MLB: Braves fan but am pulling for the O's this season because I have friends who are fans and I want them to succeed in the AL East.

NBA: Spurs fan but, secondarily, pull for Clippers. That one's obvious.

EPL: Tottenham fan but enjoy seeing Everton and Newcastle succeed in third party matches (especially against the big boys) without consideration to the table.

Can't really think of any other college teams that I really like. I'm from this area and grew up a Wake fan though, so there's no local school that would have a place in my heart from the past.

NFL: I'm a Panthers fan but my dad is a Steelers fan so I pull for them whenever I watch them. I don't go out of my way to support them or anything.

MLB: Huge Cubs fan, I like the underdog teams that fight the teams with the big payroll (I know the Cubs have a big payroll too). I've become a bit of an O's fan through my roommate who is an Orioles fan.

NBA: I guess I'm a Charlotte fan but it's hard to pull for them. I enjoy watching LBJ play and also like CP3. I'm more of an fan of individual players in the NBA rather than the team.

EPL: Spurs fan but I like Fulham too because I attended a match there and it was awesome.

College: Obviously a big Wake fan but I pull for N.C. State whenever they aren't playing Wake because my dad is from Raleigh and my grandfather went to N.C. State/grandparents have been basketball and football season ticket holders for the past 40 years.

Who do I pull for?

NFL: Whomever is playing Dallas, Washington, New Orleans & Carolina.

MLB: Whomever is playing the Chicago Cubs & Atlanta Braves.

NBA: Pull for the league to disappear from the face of the earth.

You forgot one.

NCAA: UNC

College: Wake Forest. Eff everyone else.

NFL: Panthers. Eff everyone else (except for individual players on the Whistling Bungholes' roster)

NBA: Spurs (sometimes Clippers). Eff everyone else.

MLB: No rooting interest. I root for the Indians when watching Major League, and I probably dislike the Red Sox more than anyone else.

I have never understood "my 2nd favorite team". That just does not compute for me. I can understand pulling for your favorite team and anyone playing against your least favorite team but I give all my loyalty to one team.

College: Wake Forest. It varies every year, but I do have a fascination with Oregon.
NFL: Cowboys. I don't pull for any other teams.
NBA: I don't have a specific team, I just enjoy watching.
MLB: Cincinnati Reds. Don't really watch or pull for any other teams but if I did, it would probably be the Orioles as I grew up in Southern PA.

College: Wake, UMaine
NFL: Steelers
NHL: Flyers
MLB: Orioles
Soccer: Bayern Munich/USA then Germany

I have never understood "my 2nd favorite team". That just does not compute for me. I can understand pulling for your favorite team and anyone playing against your least favorite team but I give all my loyalty to one team.

aren't you an App and Wake fan?

NCAA - UGA - I married into it.

NBA - Spurs - Loved them even before they got Duncan.

NFL - Panthers and Green Bay (the team I pulled for before Carolina got a team)

NHL - Hurricanes

MLB - Braves

Says the guy with two teams in his screen name

College: Wake Forest. It varies every year, but I do have a fascination with Oregon.
NFL: Cowboys. I don't pull for any other teams.
NBA: I don't have a specific team, I just enjoy watching.
MLB: Cincinnati Reds. Don't really watch or pull for any other teams but if I did, it would probably be the Orioles as I grew up in Southern PA.

I'd also add Michigan to the college list. Definitely higher than Oregon.

LOL. I had been pulling against UNC for more than 20 years by the time that either of you two were born. I was the only boy in my 5th grade class who was pulling against them when they won the 1957 NCAA Championship. How many times have either of you been so upset that you walked 13 miles after a UNC win?

This is just fantastic. Like a story a grandfather talks about to his grandkids about back in his day and walking 15 miles to school, both ways, in the snow, with no shoes.

I pull for Tech since I've lived in Atlanta so long and got my MS from there. But I have no division of "loyalty" for Tech from Wake. Wake is my only alma mater. I like and pull for Tech but I'm 100% WF.

I pull for Navy and Illinois for family-alumni reasons.

I've been a Bears fan longer than anything else, though. And their tradition as an NFL team with one of the strongest bonds with Wake Forest (lots of great Deacs have gone on to Chicago) makes that a natural.

Cousin went to USNA with DRob so I started liking the Spurs when they drafted him. Duncan's drafting put that in stone.

Have zero interest in baseball or hockey.

College: WFU and LSU fan. Pull for UGA, UNC, Duke, and Bama to lose and die in a fire on the way home
NFL: Falcons fan. Pull for Cam to blow out a knee and die in a fire on the way home.
NBA: Spurs and wherever WFU alums are currently playing
MLB: Braves. Could care less about anyone else. Stop watching when they flame out every year
Golf: USA and Rory

I don't really view them as in the same league so I don't view it as split alliance.

Obviously this is no longer the case but didn't WF and App have a longstanding series?

Eh, some people might and some might not. I don't have any "2nd favorites" personally, just other teams that I'm receptive to and would root for if I came across a game on tv.

Last edited:
Back