• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What teams, aside from your favorites, do you pull for?

College: 1) Wake 2) Texas A&M (family connections)
NBA: 1) Spurs 2) Thunder (it's a Durant versus Lebron thing) 3) Anyone playing the Celtics, Lakers, Mavericks, or Heat.

Don't care about any other sports.

College: 1) Wake 2) Kansas (MA)
NFL: Panthers and Falcons are tied. Was already in HS when the Panthers came around so didn't grow up rooting for them, and didn't really watch while I was at WF. In Atlanta now so pull for the Falcons as well. I know it's weird since they're in the same division, but I don't really care so just pull for whichever is doing alright, although I've found myself pulling more for the Falcons recently because I despise Cam. I really just pull for players on my fantasy teams.
NBA: Wake players...that's all.
MLB: 1) Braves. I pull for no one else in the NL, but have always found myself rooting for the Angels and the Twins from the AL.

When my favorite team isn't playing I usually just pull against other teams. Whoever is playing Carolina is usually my second favorite.

There is United and then there is everyone else.

united_kids_wife.jpg

The only college team that I care about is Wake.

Every once in awhile I'll follow a MAAC or NEC flavor of the month in basketball: LIU is fun to watch and plays near me and I used to follow Rider pretty close when the Thompsons were in town.

Sometimes, I'll catch a local game at St. John's, Fordham, or Columbia, (and last year Wagner was a lot of fun to watch), but overall NYC is a pretty crappy college basketball town.

But, I'll never go blue, powder, or red: was raised better than that.

Last edited:
APP in football, Davidson in basketball. The great thing about a secondary team is usually you can actually watch and ENJOY a big game vs. being sick to your stomach most of the time, and a close loss won't haunt you for years. For example, a few years back APP played Montana in a semifinal and Davidson played Kansas in the Elite 8. I was excited and nervous watching both games, but nothing like a big Wake game where you almost can't bear to watch sometimes. And after both losses I was dissapointed, but neither ruined the rest of my weekend or carried over into Monday. So yeah, having a secondary team to pull for and actually enjoy the experience is nice.

Georgetown in basketball, WV/Michigan in football (biggest RichRod hater?), Clippers in NBA (though like TW I enjoy watching them all), no secondary teams in NFL or NHL.

Growing up I was a VT fan in football (family connections), but it was impossible to keep good feelings toward them as a Wake fan.

Who do I pull for?

NFL: Whomever is playing Dallas, Washington, New Orleans & Carolina.

MLB: Whomever is playing the Chicago Cubs & Atlanta Braves.

NBA: Pull for the league to disappear from the face of the earth.

Love that NBA hatred...agree 100%.

Grew up an Iggles fan and always will be. Loved the Phils as a kid but lost interest while living in NC in the 80's and started following the Braves when I moved to SC.

For the last 30 yrs have lived in the middle of Clemson country and as a true Deac i love the underdog so I always pull for South Carolina just because.

LOVE Everton because D. Moyes is the classic "do more with less" coach, and will always pull for Fulham for the underdog factor. Love to see them upset the bigger bullies of the premier league, especially ManU, Chelsea, and Arsenal who are simply the NYY of English football.

My two sons went to UNC and Clemson so will bite my tongue and pull for 'em when it doesn't matter to the Deacs. Family is stronger than any diploma.

If there was ever a moment in time in which there was a stronger demarcation between the just and the unholy; never was it stronger than the moment when fusiondad agreed with bkf about the awfulness of the NBA.

I actually have a soft spot for the Ravens in the NFL. They're the only team I kind of pull for besides the Panthers. Eh, sometimes I'll pull for the Giants because of my girlfriend but I don't really like them at all.

I have a lot of college teams that I'll pull for flavor of the month-wise like Strickland was talking about. I like to see Davidson do well, I like pulling for Gonzaga, and I pull for a lot of underdog teams (Seton Hall/Providence in the Big East). I'll probably end up going to a few Northeastern games while I'm up here and pull for them.

I don't like anyone besides the Cubs in baseball.

Huge Bobcats fan and will pull for the Spurs/Clippers/any team that has a Wake guy on it. I absolutely hate the Lakers and Heat.

NCAA: Wake, Liberty, and I like watching a lot of the other teams. I am enjoy watching TCU play.
NBA: Can't stand the NBA, but will pull for the teams with Deacs on it.
MLB: Redsox, Cubs, Brewers, and Cinci
NFL: Panthers, Steelers, Skins, Dolphins, and Houston. I do enjoy watching Baltimore play as well.

College Sports: Wake, Kentucky
NBA: Celtics, Kings, Hawks
MLB: Reds, Royals
NFL: Panthers

NCAA: Wake then S.Carolina b/c I grew up in Columbia until i was 10 and saw my first football game @ Wiiliams-Brice, then I like to see TCU do well because of when I lived in Ft. Worth and worked with a lot of TCU students.

MLB: Mets and none other. I have mixed feelings about the Red Sox b/c my wife's family is from Boston and all of them are huge Red Sox fans, but it's become increasingly hard to really go for them. Hate the Braves above all else - then the yankees

NFL: Titans are my team. I like to see the Panthers and the Packers do well. Hate the Ravens and Steelers

NHL: Like the Red Wings most (first place I saw a game and b/c they were my team on NHL '93). Like to see the Stars do well. Detest the Avalanche and Devils

NBA: Don't care - watched and followed the mavs when I lived there and they had JHo, but nothing since

NCAA: Whichever I may or may not have money on. Opponents of Duke, UNC, Florida, Tennessee, GaTech, South Carolina, Ohio St., Michigan, Notre Dame, and probably some others.
NFL: UGA (issued one of my degrees, and let's be honest, they clearly require a payroll department)
MLB: I kind of dug Les Expos when they were around, but nobody since then.

NCAA: Aside from Wake, Penn State (grew up close by, family ties), Michigan (went to Wake over UM but came away with a good impression of the school). Anyone playing Notre Dame or UNC.

NFL: Steelers no others

NBA: Don't care. I guess the Clips because of CP3.

NHL: Penguins

MLB: first the Pirates but attend a good number of Nats games and like seeing them do well

My squads are:
NFL: Chargers
NBA: Lakers
MLB: Padres
NHL: Ducks
College Fball: Wake
College Bball: Wake

Teams I pull for:

NFL: Panthers, Seahawks
NBA: Clippers, Spurs, Anyone playing Celtics or Heat.
MLB: Braves, Angels
NCAA F: Florida St. (I know, But I think its good for the conference when they are a top 5 team), Washington, UCLA
NCAAB: Shaka Smart, UCLA

Wake and tOSU (family and birthplace)
Lions, no others
Don't have an NBA team or NHL team
Tigers, Pirates in the NL

Back