• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

what threads do you avoid/always check

Don't read the shemanwomanhaters or politics board. I read pretty much everything else.

i wish more of the boys would avoid that thread.

QFT. there are a few male regulars on there that throw me off sometimes.

I generally avoid the politics board, otherwise I click if it looks interesting. Always check in on the running, cycling, shewoman, and chat threads.

i wish more of the boys would avoid that thread.

QFT. there are a few male regulars on there that throw me off sometimes.

I generally avoid the politics board, otherwise I click if it looks interesting. Always check in on the running, cycling, shewoman, and chat threads.

Really? I don't mind at all that guys post there. There have been some interesting and entertaining posts from men on that thread. We have a social group if you really want to exclude the guys but no one seems to post in it. Because this board and DS was and is pretty male-dominated, I am pretty grateful to get a glimpse into the male psyche. Now we have a chance to return the favor.

well, i would rather the guys post there than just lurk there. but i want to have a place where we can really have girl-talk without the boys reading it. obviously that thread is still crawling with boys, so we can't.

There are threads that are not the chat thread? lol you guys must be trollin.

well, i would rather the guys post there than just lurk there. but i want to have a place where we can really have girl-talk without the boys reading it. obviously that thread is still crawling with boys, so we can't.

You mean like a quilting circle?

I check the chat thread, but don't participate that often mainly for the reasons DeacHoops said - it goes too fast and I read something I want to comment on only to realize the thread has progressed 4 pages since the comment was made. I pop in on occasion, but wouldn't consider myself a regular (although I've posted on more OGB CTs than DS)

The music thread I haven't read much. mainly b/c I want to wait until I'm on my home computer so I can download some townie mixes

But mainly I pop in on threads that are interesting (and interesting is a relative term mainly influenced on how busy/in need of a break I am @ work).

I'm not a big parody thread person, and I usually find myself rechecking thread's I've commented on more often than opening new threads that I've seen before but haven't commented on.

another thing i'll do is check out a thread if it's started by a particular poster or if they are the last poster to comment

avoid the unfunny (ie all) parody threads and congrats on the new baby/engagement threads.

haha...one thread about a baby and no engagement threads.

also re:boys posting on the girls thread...it doesn't bother me much but I do wish there was more privacy.

I'm trying hard to avoidthe Game of Thrones thread right now because I still haven't seen last weeks episode

Back